“Texas style barbeque”

Bonehead's Texas BBQ
Ranked #43 of 82 Restaurants in Lafayette
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Good old fashioned Texas style barbeque with all of the normal trimmings. I am particularly fond of the brisket and chicken, with a side of mac n' cheese and baked beans. Portions are good, and the hot sauce is very tasty.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Pretty much everything here was just average. We tried the ribs, pulled pork, mac and cheese, beans and cornbread and I really don't have anything bad or good to say about any of it. It wasn't crowded at all, which was nice. They had a nice patio with live music, so that was fun.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 2 April 2017

While one might traditionally expect to have their BBQ already sauced for them Bonehead's retreats to the way BBQ was originally presented -- just the meat in all its singular glory.
When I went to place my order I asked what kind of sauce was on the meat. None, was the answer. "We want our meat to speak for itself" and it most certainly did! I ordered the half-rack of pork ribs and my friend ordered a half pound of pulled pork. I ordered a take-away sandwich for my hubby so he could have it for dinner. I also ordered a pint of cole slaw for my friend and I to share.
We chose a table and gathered up our drinks, plastic-ware and small containers of the two offered sauces. Both sauces were heated and both sauces are a bit on the spicy side.
My ribs were smoky, incredibly meaty and tasty; my friend's pulled pork was not only moist but she declared it to be among the best she'd ever had. She decided that the spicier of the two sauces was her favorite; I went with the less spicy and didn't regret it.
When I went to remove our food from the bag there were two containers of pulled pork inside. One was clearly marked "sandwich". When I opened the box hubby's sandwich was in I realized that the counter folks were pretty smart -- they packed the meat separately in order to keep the sandwich roll dry until hubby was ready to eat it.
Dinner that night was a double treat as I had left-over ribs (I *said* they were meaty! I could only eat three of them for lunch so I had three for dinner) and hubby had the warmed up pulled pork on his sandwich roll.
I will return to this restaurant again for either takeout or eat-in.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 12 December 2016

We had eaten at this location when it was Bo's bar-b-que. I have been waiting for Bonehead's to open and we finally got to go there. The food was delicious and the ribs were true fall of the bone. The brisket was juicy, the pulled pork and hot links were equally good. Sides were typical sides, including corn bread. You do not go to a place like this for the side dishes. You go for the meats and they are worth going for. A definite gotta go back place.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We recently went, my wife had brisket and ribs, I had brisket and chicken.
My brisket was great, smoky and tasted like some of the best brisket I have ever had. My wife's brisket was just ok, odd since we both ordered the lean. The remaining food was of only fair quality.
If they could nail the Texas barbecue brisket all the time, they would be very busy. Lafayette will pay for superior food. Bo's was very busy at one time but something happened to the quality also.

Date of visit: August 2016