“Favorite upscale Mexican Place”
Review of Rancho Cantina

Rancho Cantina
Ranked #27 of 81 Restaurants in Lafayette
Reviewed 25 June 2017

If you're looking for Mexican, but want a little upbeat flair, this is the place to come. The "top shelf" tequila margarita is great and the chicken dishes were delicious. The service was great--we loved Avery's unique character!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

The six of us, including two young grandchildren, stopped in for lunch. I had grilled fish tacos which I would say were among the best I've ever had. Others raved about their pozole, burritos, enchiladas....
Just enough out of the mainstream Mexican faire to be uniquely good, but not weird. The waiter was so nice and handled the spilled milk with acclaim. Next time we visit grandkids, this will definitely be on our list!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Good food, super-friendly staff, also very kid-friendly if that's your thing. Good drinks too, I had something mezcal-y that was delicious, my tablemates ordered some after tasting mine. Cool rustic wood-centric decor. Prices not unreasonable for what you get. My enchilada was fine, maybe not top tier, but I cleaned my plate no problem.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

An easy dinner out on a cold winter night. The service is always so good and friendly too. We sat near the grill and could watch the cooks while waiting for our chile rellenos, portabello quesadilla and carne asada. Margaritas always good. my husband was hoping they would have the pork chop on the menu but unfortunately they did not. We'll just have to come back another time!

Reviewed 30 January 2017

I typically save 5 stars for truly outstanding dining experiences and most of these have been at international destinations. Our dinner on Saturday night was among the best, most consistent meals we have ever had. We really appreciated the fresh, farm-grown ingredients. My husband and I shared a grilled artichoke for an appetizer. Hubby was kind enough to "share" his pozole with me. My entree was the pork stew with cactus, while he had the brick-grilled chicken. We topped the meal off with the almond tart. Everything we had was tasty, well prepared, reasonably priced, and served by friendly wait-staff.
Despite the winter temperatures, we opted to eat outside because the restaurant tends to be quite loud. They have gas heaters and provide the outdoor diners with blankets to ward off the cold. The patio is dog-friendly, including a large jar of canine treats.
If we had one complaint, it was that some inconsiderate diner let her young children run wild on the outdoor patio. The chef could not be faulted for the rudeness of his patrons.