“Consistently Excellent food & favorite Chinese restaurant”

UNCLE Yu's Szechuan
Ranked #13 of 81 Restaurants in Lafayette
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Variety of dishes, fresh, quality ingredients and excellent service. Enjoy take-out many times during the month. Attractive dining room for large parties

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We usually visited their restaurant in San Ramon, but it burned down in December. Now we have to drive further from home.
We tried an item we hadn't before, the duck appetizer, it was wonderful. We shared other small plates, but this was the best. For dinner we shared Mongolian Beef, Prawns with Honeyed Walnuts, and Chicken Fried Rice. It was a good dinner. Their menu has remained mostly unchanged over the three decades we have visited. It would be nice if they added some new dishes.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Long time favorite of locals. This is a upscale resturant with excellent service. Long time favorite of local's

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Because the San Ramon Uncle Yu's burned, we ate at this location...but we have been going to the San Ramon one as long as it has been open.
The menu is the same... and the same deliciousness!
We ordered Chinese chicken salad, honey walnut prawns, Kung Pao three combo, ten ingredient Hong Kong noodles, string beans and Peking chicken...there were 7 of us.
It all was amazing!!! Just like always...
Praise for Andy and his wife...and waiting for Pleasanton to open... yay!

Reviewed 4 February 2017

I live nearby so I'm a take out customer, at least once a week. They cook the food, put it in a container and I eat -- no effort on my part and nothing to clean when done. I'm stuck on pork fried rice and their soups. This restaurant has been a local successful restaurant for years, and there are plenty of sit down customers whenever I arrive. In all likelihood you won't need a reservation but I'd call for one anyway. Service is excellent and food comes to the table quickly. Parking can be a challenge at times but generally you'll find a spot. All in all you are likely to be pleased with everything -- I've yet to hear of anyone who wasn't.