“One of those nice neighborhood restaurants”
Review of Chow Restaurant

Chow Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Lafayette
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We support our neighbors and local farms by offering fresh, organic, healthy ingredients. Our chicken is organic free-range, our beef is natural & organic and our seafood is sustainably caught & delivered fresh. All our desserts are made fresh daily in our Lafayette location and fresh juices are pressed to order. This commitment to quality has put us on San Francisco Chronicle's list of the Top 100 Restaurants in the Bay Area nine years in a row.
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Since opening in the early 2000's, this restaurant has been constantly packed and popular. I think I would even categorize it as an anchor of sorts. The negatives: the portions have become smaller, and the prices have gotten higher, and the menu really doesn't change. The positives: good food, fresh taps, good ambiance, and a friendly, warm place. In spite of the negatives, I keep coming back for the relaxed, friendly atmosphere, good vibes, and fresh beer.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Excellent healthy food. Lot's of healthy choices as well as wood fire oven pizza. There is also a market to buy food to go and fresh produce, cheese and other foods so you don't have to stop at a big grocery store.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

This is an above average place for eating healthy. The food is delicious and there is a diverse menu. I had the tuna melt; it was served open-faced on toasted sourdough bread with olives, red onions, and sliced pickles as garnishes. I had it with the accompanying side of minestrone soup; everything was tasty. Just to taste, we also ordered a side of Marion's cottage cake, which is a pancake with cottage cheese and lemon zest added. I thought it was of the best pancakes I've ever had; it was light, fluffy and had a home-made taste to it. The service was excellent. This is more than just a restaurant; it also sells produce, bottled drinks, and a lot of healthy stapes. I bought a box of organic breakfast cereal and a package of organic granola. Fun place!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Chow is such a great place to go in Lafayette. Consistently great food. Homestyle comfort food, great salads, pasta, pizzas, and more. Their beef pot roast is delicious as well as their salmon. Always good service, easy, and very good experience.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I like being able to order smaller portions, especially when I am not able to share a menu choice. Food quality is consistent. Buy a bottle of wine at their in-house grocery/food mart (with fresh produce!) and avoid the corkage fee. Casual dining with friendly service. Metered parking can be an issue.