“Worth a try”

El Charro Mexican Dining
Ranked #19 of 81 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: El Charro Mexican Dining in Lafayette, CA is a local staple with an illustrious history dating back to 1947. For a taste of how we've delighted taste buds for the last 67 years, try our traditional sampler platter, the Super Burrito, Jalapeno Chicken Enchiladas, or the Tacos Veracruz. You'll crave our chips and salsa paired with our special blue cheese garlic dip, a taste unique to El Charro. Join us at our cantina, a spacious outdoor patio and bar to soak up some rays while you sip on one of our famous margaritas. Choose from the Rooftop, Cadillac, Ultimate, Skinny, Gold, and Grande. With all the options, there's a perfect margarita for everyone. We also serve house made sangria, specialty cocktails, and bottled and draught beers. We are you best destination for large group parties of 15 or more with our specially designed menus. Choose from the Family Fiesta or the Fajitas Fiesta and let us take care of everything for you. When your group arrives the tables are preset with baskets of chips, salsa and our secret recipe cheese dip. El Charro Mexican Dining is the best place for friends and family to meet and eat. We pride ourselves in providing you a delicious and enjoyable meal in a fun and welcoming environment.
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Not the best ever Mexican food but it's good and better than most. It's very popular with locals so go early to avoid waiting. I've eaten there several times and will again. Waiters are friendly and attentive but they can be hard to flag down when the restaurant is full. It can also be very noisy. Basically it's basically good and I'd recommend trying it during non peak hours.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Good food/service, 2 pitchers of margaritas were good, seafood enchilada was very good. Would go back.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

The food at El Charro is good Tex-Mex style with your typical tacos, burritos, and enchiladas. On the very positive side, I was very impressed with the nachos, made with real cheese and covered with plenty of meat--my choice was grilled chicken. The cocktails are standout, with a very good pour of liquor and ample serving. The cocktails make the food all the more tasty, especially on a hot summer day.

Laura S, Owner at El Charro Mexican Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

We just wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are glad you enjoyed your meal, and hope to see you again, soon!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Very popular long time restaurant serving American Mexican fare. Very ordinary, very large menu. My chicken fajitas were just fair....over cooked chicken with lots of veggies in lots of oil. If you like ordinary Mexican food, this is the place for you. Nothing upscale here. My fajitas were $15 & I don’t remember seeing anything more expensive. We were part of a party of 18, & I must say, the service was excellent, & everyone got what they ordered.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Love going to this restaurant to eat for food, service and atmosphere.
But today we took out. I was not disappointed.
Ordered my favorite dosh of the tres.

It was really good but miss going in to eat