“Nice room, less-than-stellar service”

Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 15 October 2009

My husband & I celebrated our 10th anniversary with a night at the Lafayette Park Hotel. I told the hotel that it was our 10th anniversary when making the reservation, but our anniversary was not acknowledged in any way by the front desk at either check-in or check-out. Even a simple "congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for spending it here with us" would have been nice. The room on the third floor was fairly spacious and clean. No great view. When we first checked in, I asked for a courtyard view, but that room was tiny, so they switched us to this room instead. Had a massage at the spa (booked a package that included a 1-hour facial or a 1-hour massage) and hurt afterwards, but the spa workers were very pleasant. Overall, it was nice to get away, but next time, I'll try a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
TonyEichers, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2009

Dear Bay Area,

Thank you for sharing your less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. Congratulations on your anniversary, I know how special these milestones are to everyone, I apologize for failing to acknowledge your special day. We are reviewing our procedures to insure that we follow up on all special requests and please don't hesitate to contact me directly for further assistance.

Tony Eichers
VP/GM

Reviewed 26 September 2009

My mom and I celebrate our birthday (both born on the same day) at the Lafayette Park Hotel and it is magnificent! It is the epitome of luxury. Their are several pools on site and everytime we go there are rarely anyone using the pools or the fitness center. It feels like our own private resort. We go their every year and stay on the property the entire time. This last year we got facials and massages and it was so relaxing. The spa is really beautifully set up and the Gardenia bath gel is my absolute favorite. The beds are extremely comfortable and the decor is immaculate as well. I am so looking forward to our trip this year.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Sept 3-7, 2009

We stayed here 4 nights for our niece's wedding in Lafayette. We got a preferred rate for friends and family of the bride. The only extra was $10 per day for garaged parking. There is no easily accessible street parking, but finding a space in the garage was never a problem.
Our large double room was quiet, clean, and smelled fresh. I could not find fault with the housekeeping. The grout in the tub had seen better days and could use a re-do.
We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as there are many restaurants and coffee shops within a mile's distance. We particularly enjoyed breakfast at Chow and dinner at Metro.
The hotel is at one end of Lafayette's main commercial street, Mt. Diablo Boulevard. It is also close to the freeways that can lead to San Francisco, Napa Valley, or Berkeley. It was our first time staying in "Lamorinda" (combined name for the towns of Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda). We enjoyed the Moraga Farmer's Market held every Sunday morning.
The staff was superior. Every member couldn't do enough to make our stay happier. Myrna and Sheen come to mind. I looked forward to the complimentary coffee service in the lobby beginning at 4:00 AM. A cup of hot, freshly-brewed coffee with a choice of daily newspapers is, in my opinion, a positive way to start the day.
Lafayette Park is a newer, cheerful, friendly hotel that offers a lot if you are looking to stay in the Lamorinda area. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Anniversary weekend! My wife and I enjoyed the many wonderful amenities, dinner at the Bistro, brunch in the Duck Club restaurant...the food is excellent, the beer and wine lists delicious and service as good as anywhere we have been. This jewel in the east bay is a must stay. The pool and spa are peaceful and beautiful...like you were staying in the french countryside. We recommend the couples spa treatment in a large, comfortable suite with peaceful ambiance...the masseuses are top notch. The setting is great but the service makes this stay as memorable.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Wonderful hotel. Great restaurant and terrific service. Rooms clean and beautiful...very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place in the area. I think it is the absolutely best choice by far.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
3.6 km away
6.3 km away
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!