“A hotel that does things well”

Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Sept 3-7, 2009

We stayed here 4 nights for our niece's wedding in Lafayette. We got a preferred rate for friends and family of the bride. The only extra was $10 per day for garaged parking. There is no easily accessible street parking, but finding a space in the garage was never a problem.
Our large double room was quiet, clean, and smelled fresh. I could not find fault with the housekeeping. The grout in the tub had seen better days and could use a re-do.
We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as there are many restaurants and coffee shops within a mile's distance. We particularly enjoyed breakfast at Chow and dinner at Metro.
The hotel is at one end of Lafayette's main commercial street, Mt. Diablo Boulevard. It is also close to the freeways that can lead to San Francisco, Napa Valley, or Berkeley. It was our first time staying in "Lamorinda" (combined name for the towns of Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda). We enjoyed the Moraga Farmer's Market held every Sunday morning.
The staff was superior. Every member couldn't do enough to make our stay happier. Myrna and Sheen come to mind. I looked forward to the complimentary coffee service in the lobby beginning at 4:00 AM. A cup of hot, freshly-brewed coffee with a choice of daily newspapers is, in my opinion, a positive way to start the day.
Lafayette Park is a newer, cheerful, friendly hotel that offers a lot if you are looking to stay in the Lamorinda area. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 September 2009

Anniversary weekend! My wife and I enjoyed the many wonderful amenities, dinner at the Bistro, brunch in the Duck Club restaurant...the food is excellent, the beer and wine lists delicious and service as good as anywhere we have been. This jewel in the east bay is a must stay. The pool and spa are peaceful and beautiful...like you were staying in the french countryside. We recommend the couples spa treatment in a large, comfortable suite with peaceful ambiance...the masseuses are top notch. The setting is great but the service makes this stay as memorable.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Wonderful hotel. Great restaurant and terrific service. Rooms clean and beautiful...very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place in the area. I think it is the absolutely best choice by far.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We were guests at a beautiful party in the Wishing Well Courtyard. It was a Champagne Brunch which had the most amazing menu. The food was just yummy. The tables, linens and decor was perfect. The weather was extremly hot that day but the Big Umbrellas were a nice touch to the courtyard as well. Staff & Employees were very nice and helpful. Definently a place I'd consider to throw a party.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2009

My grandkids and I were traveling together and stayed here. What a great hotel! I can't say enough about how super comfortable our room was and how great the service was here!! We stopped by to advise them we'd be checking in late. We were hot and tired from being on the road. The front desk agent offered early check-in so we could freshen up and suggested we use the business center to get directions to our destinations. WOW!. The room was awesome, the pool was refreshing. I really wished I could stay to use the spa. I truly enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
3.6 km away
6.3 km away
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!