“Chicago Pizza all the way”

Patxi's Chicago Pizza
Ranked #22 of 81 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 21 December 2017

If you like Chicago style deep dish saucy pizza, this is your place. Unfortunately this is not my style of pizza so I've only eaten here once. But the quality seemed good and I was satisfied with my meal.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Patxi's makes deep dish and thin crust pizza - and neither very well. We ordered a deep dish pizza with mushrooms and olives on their "famous" cornmeal crust. What we got was a half-cooked, mushroom, olive, peppers, onions, and sausage pizza. Besides the fact that the toppings were wrong, the famous crust was undercooked - a soggy mess. The waitress, who was doing an admirable job, said she had ordered the correct pizza and would have them make another one - which they did, and didn't charge us for it. It had the correct toppings but the crust was still woefully undercooked and we had to wait 20 minutes for it. The other pizza that we ordered was a margherita and it was thin crust but tasteless and cold. All in all, this was a sad experience and we will not be back.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Patti's is too good. I've eaten there twice and haven't gone back. Their food is so good the restaurant fills quickly and the wait for a table and your food is for me too long. I don't think they take reservations but call to see if they do. If they don't go early unless you are very patient and have plenty of time. There are too many tables and as a consequence too close together. I prefer quiet dining over noisy crowds. But, the food and service are excellent and it's a popular place to go.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Nice traditional THICK crust pizza...but other types of thin crust pizza and other non-pizza dishes. Nice salads.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

We have gotten take-out from Paxtis... maybe 15 times over the last couple years. On busy nights no one picks up the phone, and if they do, it's a call center in Denver, CO (I'm not kidding). Our success rate is about 50%. That is, your order is actually correct and ready when you show up about 50% of the time. Last month, I waited an additional 45 minutes in the store. (After waiting 40 minutes at home and showing up at the appointed time) "It's almost up, it's almost up." Well, it wasn't almost up and the manager had to get involved to actually get the kitchen to bake my pizza. "It's really slammed back there," was the register response. Note to Jay S customer service manager... customers do not care about busy kitchens.
Last night... (and a relief in a weird way) was our last Paxtis order (forever). "Takeout will be 1 hour and 45 minutes." This was after Denver call center went unanswered and we circumvented this ludicrous take-out call center and called the store directly. (I know very subversive). Jay S...please don't answer my review and offer me the opportunity to further discuss my experience with you. Paxtis, you no longer exist to me. Ok food, lousy service, and a take-out system (local and long distance Denver, that's you) is so bad, I see no way forward for this restaurant.

Jay S, Guest Relations Manager at Patxi's Chicago Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Trippin7, we're very sorry to hear that you were so let down by your most recent visit. We were definitely having some issues the day after Christmas and I sincerely apologize for that. I'm also sorry to hear that you won't allow us the opportunity to make this right for you, but we certainly respect your wish not to discuss further. If you ever change your mind in the future, we would welcome you back any time. Thank you and we apologize again for the trouble.

Best,