2,026 results
All reviews starlight casita adobe grill pga west the mexican restaurant spa villa ice maker tennis courts spanish style beautiful grounds main pool pools and hot tubs gas fireplace private pool great golf fitness center adult pool desert oasis
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I stood in line three times to check in. Each time took about 15 minutes. After waiting 4 hours to check into our room (note check in time of 4 pm is not guaranteed) we finally got in at about 5:30 pm. If they told us it would take that long we would have enjoyed the day instead of wasting it waiting. That being said once we got into the room it was beautiful. It had a private outdoor courtyard with a gas fireplace, sectional couch and table and chairs. It was the most beautiful part about the room. The room itself was nice and large with a seating area and small desk. The bathroom was outdated and the shower very old. Each area had a small pool which was nice but overrun with kids. The main pool was crowded so these side pools were nice. The grounds were beautiful but old plates or towels could lay around for quite some time. Beware if you play tennis, equipment is old so bring your own. Drills can be up to 6 people with no regard to level with one coach and one court. Do the walk and take advantage of the great fitness club and complimentary classes instead. We also rented bikes which was fun and my husband loved the golf. At the end of our stay, I was expected to wait in another long one to correct my bill. I refused. Best part of hotel was Phil, the Concierge. Above and beyond.

Room tip: Ask for a good view. If you are put on the second floor just know you have a large flight of stairs and we were not offered any help.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kathy S, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear AnniG2329,

Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback on your experience. While I am glad to see that you enjoyed several of the resort's activities and that your husband loved his golf experience, I am disappointed to learn of the various service deficiencies you encountered. Please know that our goal at La Quinta Resort & Club is to ensure that guest experiences are of the highest order, and clearly the delays you describe fell short of our standards. Please accept my apology and know that your comments will be addressed with the front desk team to avoid such recurrences. And I appreciate your commendation of Phil's service, which I look forward to sharing with him. I hope we can welcome you back for a stay that truly represents our Waldorf standards.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Wow, I was so looking forward to this vacation! This is a beautiful resort in a beautiful location. The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating. But there were kids and dogs everywhere. I felt like I was in a dog park at a summer camp. Scooters everywhere, including zooming right past the "No Scooters (and No Skating, etc.)" signs. The parents were just as much to blame, but why should they care? They were on their vacation and they were obviously not concerned about ours. I guess the hotel was happy their rooms were full, but they won't see us again!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kathy S, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear Jay F,

I am very sorry to read of the disappoint with your recent stay. Without a doubt, the resort has been bustling with families during this traditional spring vacation period. And while it is our goal to make sure that everyone is enjoying their stay, we do make every effort to minimize those disturbances and distractions that take away from the overall guest experience. Please accept my apology for your unfortunate experience, and know that your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with our operations team. I do hope you will reconsider and visit us again for a more relaxing visit.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We found that everything we needed was within walking distance...breakfast coffee shop, Mexican lunch, Morgan's for dinner followed by a piano bar, a pool and hot tub outside our door, athletic facility and tennis on the property, putting green, bocci ball, golf course to walk to. Add beautiful grounds and I wanted to stay and paint forever.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank E4102RWdianed

Dear E4102RWdianed,

Thank you for sharing your terrific experience at La Quinta Resort & Club. It looks as if you had the opportunity to enjoy so many of the wonderful amenities and activities that we offer, which is our hope for everyone we have the privilege of serving. And it's so nice to know that the resort's one-of-kind setting inspired your creative muses to capture those artistic impressions in the moment that you will never forget. We so look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2017

This was my second stay at La Qunita over the span of 25 years, once for business and most recently for a vacation. The resort is beautiful, and the staff is top notch. The rooms are big and clean, but the bathrooms need to be updated. The shower stall was tiny with no room to put shampoo, etc. Whether you are traveling as a couple or with children, La Quinta offers plenty of activities and options such as an adults-only pool.

Dear RBDexter,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt so well taken care of. Thank you for your kind feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again to La Quinta Resort & Club.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Took almost 1 HOUR of waiting in line to check into our room.
Then the key to room didn't work.
Called front desk, waited in room for 45 minutes. No one came.
Went back to front desk, got key. They gave us a room that had a separate entrance for the second room. We have 2 young children and had asked for a 2 bedroom suite.
Another hour of calling, waiting and returning to front desk to ask for a room that would work.
Eventually they moved us into another room that was large and comfortable, but much more expensive. We asked that they charge us for the original rate since it was their error. They said they would reduce rate for that night, but we would have to move again the following day to a less expensive room because they would not give us a reduction for the following 2 nights. We spoke to the manager the following morning, he was unhelpful and quite rude. Basically said they weren't going to to anything else to accommodate us.
In addition, room service is extremely slow, and hour plus each time we ordered.
Would not stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Kathy S, Manager at La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear kjfnyc,

Please accept my apology for the inconveniences and service deficiencies during your recent stay. At La Quinta Resort & Club we pride ourselves on working closely with our guests to ensure that every aspect of their visit exceeds expectations. Quite regrettably we missed the mark in this case. Please know that your unfortunate experience will be addressed with staff to avoid any such recurrence. I hope we can earn back your good graces with another stay that I fully expect will be up to our Waldorf standards.