“We were headed one place but the patio grabbed us”

El Ranchito Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 125 Restaurants in La Quinta
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Welcome to El Ranchito Restaurant. We have been serving Authentic Mexican Food in the Coachella Valley for more than 25 years. Located in Old Town La Quinta, we offer a variety of fresh Mexican cuisine and a full bar. We are a family owned and operated restaurant that serves fresh, traditional Mexican Food. Our food is made to order using only the freshest ingredients. The menu is full of classic Mexican dishes made from scratch using family recipes handed down through the generations.
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Found this charming little place while entertaining some guest. Tasty food and a great ambience. It was chilly so we sat inside but can’t wait to come back an enjoy that beautiful little patio for drinks and snacks.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We ordered two combinations between the two of us. Food was ample and hot. I was very happy with the cheese tamales, cheese rellenos and beans. The rellenos seemed more authentic - not drowning in batter and cheese, so you could see and taste the poblano chilies. The tamales were the best I've ever had.

My sister ate a beef taco and a cheese relleno and was also very happy.

Service was fine and the waitress gave us lots of lemonade refills without our having to ask.

Prices are good.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Pleasure? Yes, I was a bit surprised when that word appeared in my head as I was contemplating the title of this review.

My husband and I have been to El Ranchito twice in the few years that we have spent part of the winter in the area. Both times we ate on their patio, so I can't comment on the inside seating experience, but the outside dining area is so relaxing! From our table we could see the mountains, and were surrounded by beautiful palm trees. I love sitting there an observe the surroundings.

Food is very good. My chimichanga was a generous size, served with refried beans, rice, sour cream, and guacamole. My husband also enjoyed his beef burrito. Our servings were so generous that we both took half of our food home for another day. There is a menu of Margaritas; we found the house Margaritas to be generous and tasty.

Will we return to El Ranchito again during this visit? It's hard to say, but if we don't, we will be looking forward to visiting again next year.

1  Thank Dare2BGroovy
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Great Mexican food. Portions are huge and very delicious. Guacamole and salsa were fabulous too along with the margaritas

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We had our heart set on a nice casual Mexican restaurant this evening. We found it - A nice open air-patio Mexican Restaurant In La Quinta.

We enjoyed the Chicken Enchiladas with rice and beans. Our Margaritas were excellent. Nice ambience on the patio. Enjoy!