“Very disappointing”
Review of El Sushi Loco

El Sushi Loco
Ranked #11 of 123 Restaurants in La Puente
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Couple of family members went to this location before we did they told us it was really good and excellent service and the prices are not that bad so we made a deal we took a large group the entire family to the location we arrive in soon as we arrive there is no parking we have to wait until the valet attendant move cars around so we can make space for us that was number one finally we arrived and because the only reason that one of our family members was there earlier we did not have to wait I didn't and that he will probably wait about 20 to 15 minutes for a table to be ready. I'll save us the staff is very friendly that was good but the food was disgusting it's nothing like sushi they should call it something else every single item you ordered or every single food that comes out of that kitchen has Philadelphia cream cheese not the good one it taste like cream I don't know what it was. The food was completely overpriced it was ridiculous prices. We ordered some food and it finally came they were fast I'll say that but I would not recommend this to anybody at all. Stay away.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

You would never imagine valet parking in this strip mall in this part of town, but when you enter the restaurant you are transported to a completely different place! The restaurant is quite clean and modern. The service is a little slow during busy times, so I try to go between lunch and dinner. The food is amazing! So many different choices of Japanese and Mexican fusion! My favorite is the coconut seafood molcajete! Drinks are great, music is good, and the cooks can be entertaining too! Do not pass up an opportunity to try this place!

1  Thank Marianne M
Reviewed 23 August 2016

If you like sushi?! This is your new spot. If you love mariscos (seafood)?! This is your new spot. So what happens when you mix sushi and mariscos. You get this amazing fusion of food than nobody would have ever thought or dreamed of. Simply amazing. So its worth every minute of the 1 hour wait, when it is crazy busy.

1  Thank JC D
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Love this place! Definitely worth the wait! A must try for you sushi with a twist lovers lol We will be back for more! Must try the Luna roll which is delicious , and their micheladas are gooooood!

1  Thank Pinchihuera
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Id seen this place when it opened and thought the name was strange. Who would imagine Sushi and Mexican cuisine would mix so well? I didn't. Keep an open mind... So I decided to give it a try and let me tell you... I've eaten there at least twice a week.. first 2 times were for lunch as I live and work nearby and the following week with family. Rainbow roll is lovely, Culiacancito is divine and surprisingly the baked Salmoncito was out of this world. The also have oyster shooters.. instead of the traditional Sake the Japanese use, this place serves the shooter in a slightly spicy dark thick liquid.. citrus based. I could eat 4 easily. This is a MUST GO to place. You will not be disappointed. I PROMISE!!

1  Thank gmartinez2016