“A hole in the wall ”

Add it.
Villa Carino Mexican Rest
Ranked #18 of 113 Restaurants in La Puente
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We realized by the location this was a hole in the wall but chose Villa Carino based on the reviews
with the hope the food would be yummy and were disappointed. The service was great, the food not so much.

To begin, they didn't have what I wanted so I chose the Carne Asada plate hoping it would be the real deal. Well, the cut of meat was right but it was not seasoned well, was tough to chew and should've been cooked a little longer.

The tampiquena was not the right cut of meat but rather carne asada, not what I know it to be, not worth coming back for.

Now the rice was blah, not seasoned well and I'm told the beans were ok.

Now for those chips I read were freshly made in house, they appear to be made in house only they'd have tasted better hot or at the very least, warm! The salsa was good so they got that right!

We came, we ate and can keep on tasting until we find the right place with delicious food!

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

We had lunch with my friends !!! I ordered "enchiladas vegetarianas Tia tere" wow , Deliciuos , all the veggies topped with cream very tasty and let me tell the enchilada sauce the best in town !!! My friend ordered chilaquiles con huevo !!! We loved !!! We definitely enjoyed this lunch a lot !!!! Highly recommended !!!!

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

The food and choices are good. Everyone is super nice and polite. Only reason I don't give a 4 or 5 is because there is only 1 restroom available for men/women. It's not convenient with my kids.

Reviewed 16 February 2015

I can vouch for all of their breakfasts and a few dinner meals.
They do make a very tasty chili relleno and their tortillas are made on the spot!

Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

This place has carne asada burritos for 3.99 and the champurrado is the best...super delicious! The prices are cheapest around, n very tasty ...the wait can be long cuz its cooked ti order right away