“First time”

Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Valley View
Description: Welcome to North Woods Inn of San Gabriel, La Mirada and Covina! Come for juicy steaks, fresh seafood, enormous salads and our signature cheese bread. Whether you are in the mood for a quiet dinner for two, want to bring the office for lunch, or celebrate your next family milestone, our restaurant is the place for memorable meals. The warm woodsy atmosphere is very unique and features stained glass, oil paintings, & period lamps. We are just minutes away with locations in L.A. and Orange County. Enjoy abundant lunches and dinners at all 3 locations.
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Taken by my son for his and my birthday dinner. Great food. lots to pick from !! Most of (there were 6 in our party} had steak. salad was very well done

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Great food, big portion, fresh and delisouce, beautiful atmosphire and logicaly priced.
It is one of the places that I can never get tiered or board of and would love to visit again and again.
if you are a meat lover then stop looking and go no where else.
very freindly staff also

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 11 March 2018

In my humble opinion. If you are looking for a boo-jee Von joo-jee place to put on airs and act superior to everyone, this place is not it.
You will feel comfortable walking into this restaurant. You get peanuts on the table and the shells you throw on the floor. The menu has mid range offerings such as sandwiches as well as higher priced such as steak and lobster. I had the Tomahawk Chop which was a big steak hanging off the rib like a Flintstone Dinosteak. Delicious. A dinner for four with drinks (steak, seafood and drinks) can run you $200 plus but it is SSOOOO worth it. When I spend money, I want good service (our waiter was excellent), quality food (even the charred fat tasted good) and something I can't make myself or taste I can't replicate. I can char a good steak, but it's nice to be able to skip out of the house and get a quality steak dinner like this.
There is a smaller area by a fireplace which I imagine people could huddle around and have friendly cocktails. A grand chair and some lodge-style decorations. Plenty of parking and right off the 5 fwy. Look for the Snow covered log building.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Huge place full of saw dust and peanut shells, we joined our daughter and her boyfriend here for dinner, menu pretty straight forward expensive! I tried the supposedly prime rib sandwich and dip, very disappointing at the price as it was just slices of plain roast beef with onions in a bun. Also ordered a small salad with blue cheese, boy are they generous with the blue cheese could not see the salad. The cheese bread was very nice and the accompanying jacket potatoes more than ampule. All was going well till the server dropped a jug of ice water next to us, it did not seem to worry him as he just keep serving the table next to us, had to get his attention for a towel to soak up some of the water on my daughter clothing. Overall the place is something from the past with its Tiffany-style lamps and stuffed animal’s heads. We will not be going back here again.

TIP: Its dark and dim inside so pay attention the what you read on the menu, PS no kids menu.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

My daughter and I have birthdays that a week apart, so for twice in one week we went to Northwoods in La Mirada. As always the service was great, the food plentiful, and the atmosphere rustic. With 8 of us ( including three younger grandsons) we had a good time eating fish, some of the best salad in town, huge potatoes with the works, rice, and monstrous steaks to fill the heartiest of appetites. Always a hit with my family and friends, and we will definitely return!

Date of visit: January 2018