“Large portions!”

Sol Inka Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 97 Restaurants in La Mirada
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Two girlfriends and I stopped in for lunch after a movie. It was about 2 p.m. so the place was pretty quiet. There were only 2 or 3 other tables occupied. We were seated immediately. This place was previously called Mario's Peruvian Seafood restaurant and was a second Mario's (the other being on Melrose in the Hollywood area of Los Angeles). We had been to the Melrose location and loved it. Before I could get into the La Mirada location, it change names. I don't know if it was just a name change or an ownership change. This location was originally a Coco's and I think the booths are from the Coco's days. This is a bright restaurant. There are several TV sets along the back of the restaurant. I don't remember if that was a bar or not. Our server was right out with a basket of pillow-like warm rolls and a squeeze bottle of Aji Verde. Theirs is pretty potent. Me thinks serrano chiles instead of jalepeños. Two of us ordered lunch portions which come with rice. I had the pollo saltado and my friend ordered the lomo saltado which is the house specialty. The other compatriot ordered the dinner portion of lomo saltado so she could take leftovers to her husband. Too hot too cook these days. The lunch portions were large. Dinners are definitely leftovers as portions are huge. I should have ordered the lomo because the chicken was dark meat which isn't ever my choice. My fault because I didn't ask. That being said, there wasn't a grain of rice left on my plate. I think it's pretty hard to rate the food when there was only two dishes on the table and really the same except for meat. I will revisit this review if I go back and try more different dishes. I can recommend though. You will get a solid meal at a very reasonable price. Lunch Specials were $9.99 and I think the dinner portion was something like $12.99. Parking is easy.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Great location for Peruvian food in La Mirada. Always crowded. Make reservations whenever possible. Live entertainment. Nice saltados, mariscos fritos, and sangría.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

My wife and i went in to Sol expecting some great peruvian food. Instead we walked out. The hostess took us to a seat that was stuck in the corner, We asked if we could have a booth (there were many open) she looked at us like "I don't know if i can do that". Finally after a few awkward moments she said "i guess". After being seated we had some one bring us water..no problem. Then we waited and waited and waited all the time a waitress kept telling us she would be with us in a minute. It was not busy at all. We waited 10-15 minutes before she came back to take our drink orders. She was very nice and took our drink order and brought it back 5 minutes later. Finally we said we would like to order. I ordered on her recommendation a house specialty plate. 5 minutes later she came back and said they were out of it. So i just ordered a chicken based plate. 5 minutes later she came back and said we are out of chicken. Are you kidding it's 7pm!! How do you run out and how as the waitress did you not know you are out of everything?!?! We had to go back to the menu to find something else...we have now been there 30 minutes!! I asked about another plate she said "I'm not sure we have i'll check" and with that we got up and left. Sorry i don't know if the food is great or poor but i can tell you the service is poor and is not run well at all.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

I absolutely love Peruvian food. My favorite Peruvian Restaurant is El Pollo Inka in Hawthorne, CA. I was not expecting much with this restaurant since it is located in La Mirada but beggars can't be choosers, right? Anyway, the food here is decent. I order the beef fried rice and thought it was a little on the salty-side. My wife ordered the Saltado de Pollo and the chicken was a little dry. All in all, I would eat hear again since I heard the seafood is really good but our first attempt was not great.

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

On Sunday I had the pleasure of going to this restaurant for the first time.
The food choices were varied and the atmosphere although family orientated was quiet and pleasant. I tried a shrimp and pasta garlic dish that was enough T for two people and it had grilled red onions and fresh grilled tomatoes as well... It was delicious and my date enjoyed a grilled white sole entree w rice. His fish came with boiled
Potatoes, grilled red onions, and grilled tomatoes... We both had ice tea to drink!!
We will definitely be returning....