“Nice Peruvian Food”

Sol Inka Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 95 Restaurants in La Mirada
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 19 February 2017

Great location for Peruvian food in La Mirada. Always crowded. Make reservations whenever possible. Live entertainment. Nice saltados, mariscos fritos, and sangría.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

My wife and i went in to Sol expecting some great peruvian food. Instead we walked out. The hostess took us to a seat that was stuck in the corner, We asked if we could have a booth (there were many open) she looked at us like "I don't know if i can do that". Finally after a few awkward moments she said "i guess". After being seated we had some one bring us water..no problem. Then we waited and waited and waited all the time a waitress kept telling us she would be with us in a minute. It was not busy at all. We waited 10-15 minutes before she came back to take our drink orders. She was very nice and took our drink order and brought it back 5 minutes later. Finally we said we would like to order. I ordered on her recommendation a house specialty plate. 5 minutes later she came back and said they were out of it. So i just ordered a chicken based plate. 5 minutes later she came back and said we are out of chicken. Are you kidding it's 7pm!! How do you run out and how as the waitress did you not know you are out of everything?!?! We had to go back to the menu to find something else...we have now been there 30 minutes!! I asked about another plate she said "I'm not sure we have i'll check" and with that we got up and left. Sorry i don't know if the food is great or poor but i can tell you the service is poor and is not run well at all.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

I absolutely love Peruvian food. My favorite Peruvian Restaurant is El Pollo Inka in Hawthorne, CA. I was not expecting much with this restaurant since it is located in La Mirada but beggars can't be choosers, right? Anyway, the food here is decent. I order the beef fried rice and thought it was a little on the salty-side. My wife ordered the Saltado de Pollo and the chicken was a little dry. All in all, I would eat hear again since I heard the seafood is really good but our first attempt was not great.

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

On Sunday I had the pleasure of going to this restaurant for the first time.
The food choices were varied and the atmosphere although family orientated was quiet and pleasant. I tried a shrimp and pasta garlic dish that was enough T for two people and it had grilled red onions and fresh grilled tomatoes as well... It was delicious and my date enjoyed a grilled white sole entree w rice. His fish came with boiled
Potatoes, grilled red onions, and grilled tomatoes... We both had ice tea to drink!!
We will definitely be returning....

Reviewed 22 November 2015

Let's start by calling Mario's Peruvian restaurant what it is: a sad disappointment in that they call themselves Peruvian, but they do not deliver the quality of food Peru is well known for around the world. Case in point: Choros a la Criolla, $10+ for 6 medium size mussels. The size of these tasty mollusks was certainly not the issue, it was the blunder that arrived to my table. Please allow me to explain: Choros (mussels) are served with a very fresh combination of very fine diced tomatoes, onions (preferably red onions, but not limited), chillies, sparse amount of delicious cilantro, salt, pepper, plus In some parts they add freshly boiled al dente kernels of corn, mixed altogether in a similar, but not quite, as a Pico de Gallo (The delicious Mexican version of fresh salsa), and generally the delicious Peruvian chilies that are unique to Peru (ROCOTO) add a dimension of heat to the mix well worth applauding, but of course milder options are equally tasty. The Mussels are served in the half shell, the salsa described topping each one, and on the side pieces of lemon (limes in the US, as they are comparable in acidity), and people squeezes a few drops of lemon juice to their preference.
What arrived in front of me was a semi frozen mediocre Salsa, smeared to the point of no return with lime juice or something very similar (a cardinal culinary sin, which any Peruvian cook worth their mettle would never commit), for this much lime in an old semi frozen salsa indicated it is not made daily, and for the first time in a long time I sent this overpriced dish back. 1 Star.
Ceviche Mixto, $14, with pieces of mushy fish and other seafood cooked in a citrus based sauce that did not did it any favors, slightly better than the rejected mussel dish. 3 Stars.
Bread, a little passed its prime. Green Peruvian sauce at the table, hot and tasty, made it easy to overcome the warm stale bread. Service no complaints and waiter was properly rewarded for his efforts. Water, acceptable. Lady at the front a revelation of good manners and fine figure. Time was around 12PM on a Friday.
For a place heavily endorsed by many, it did not, by any stretch of the imagination, deserve such glowing accolades, regardless if every other dish in the menu was better, which stands to doubt. 2 Stars.