US$288
US$278
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$309
US$279
  • Restaurant
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$310
US$275
US$396
US$278
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$340/night.

US$252
  • Free Breakfast
Grande Colonial La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$523
US$496
US$248
All reviewsfull kitchenfamily suitewhole foodssan diegobreakfast buffethome away from homethe breakfast arearock bottomextended stayucsd campusliving roomsea worldparking feeshort drivecomfortable stayking bedlocation is great
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We came for a college visit of UCSD, which is super close, and booked a studio for use by three persons. The place is a multi houses complex that have individual rooms / studios. Walking towards our room we unfortunately had to pass smokers that blocked the passage way from the parking area, not pleasant...the signs of no smoking within 25 feet mean obviously nothing. When we checked into the room we only had one king and the sofa bed was not made up nor was their any gear to set it up. We had clearly marked three persons in the reservation... So, another run down to reception to get everything, not what I bargained for arriving late after a long day. The room is a bit long in the teeth and surely could use some upgrading, especially in the bathroom. My bedside light did not work (and I only found out the next morning that a plug had been pulled by the previous user that powers the bedside lights... you cannot know this nor see this at night as the lighting overall in the room is poor).
Breakfast was very busy and the staff had a hard time catching up. Waited 10 min for my first cup of coffee, Juice dispenser did only dispense watery substance not orange juice. The scrambled eggs were bad ( I guess made from something else but I am not sure from fresh eggs). Not a vey nice experience.
The kicker is a $18/day parking charge (about 10% on top of room charge) which is the first time I paid something like this at a Residence Inn as a Marriott Platinum member....

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cbroo
everardoaguilar, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear cbroo,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn La Jolla. I want to apologize for not meeting yours, and certainly our own expectations for your visit. As a Platinum Elite member, we value your opinion as we respect the amount of travel and time away from home you go through each year. I will certainly bring to the attention our shortcomings of your trip with our staff to ensure these types of issues are better able to be prevented in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 weeks on business travel & absolutely loved it. Can't beat the location. Grocery stores & shopping centers within walking distance. University of California & the beach also a short walk away. Tons of things to do that are close. Enough about the surrounding, let me get to the hotel. The staff was extremely courteous. The room was very spacious. Free breakfast buffet every morning. Free evening dinner & snacks Mon through Wed. Loved using the outdoor hot tub when I got the chance. Only thing I would change about this hotel would be to have the pool heated. Really wanted to sleep but pool was a little too cold for me. Other than that, this is a 5 star hotel in my book.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2017

we have stayed in a residence which had a king and a queen size bed, full kitchen nice living room and two bathrooms. there is a good restaurant very near called Rock Bottom and it also delivers, in case you are to tried to utilize the full kitchen. housecleaning services are very good. The front office and the patio behind is nice for quick relaxing and we used the fire pit awaiting our laundry.

they offer free breakfast but it was less than adequate, we checked it once and never bothered to walk there again.
Amount of car parking fee is 18$/day and they are keen to check it.

Room Tip: stay close to reception area
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Residence Inn La Jolla is still a nice convenient place to stay, however, during our last two stays we have noticed that the complimentary breakfast is like any other hotel, when in the past they set the standard in our eyes. I do not know if the breakfast area is under new management, however, here are just a few of the changes: Whole fruits used to be bananas, apples, and oranges, today only bananas; fresh cut up fruit, according to staff they ran out (8:20 AM); Yogurt, used to have several individual servings of 2 or 3 brands with several flavors, today two flavors bulk; no longer have pastrys. It may sound simple, but the price of a stay has increased and the quality/quantity has deteriorated.

Room Tip: Nice location and convenient.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Over the summer I spent 10 weeks staying in this Residents Inn for a mission trip. My stay was flawless! Employees were very friendly and always ready to help. They always made sure that we had everything we needed. The rooms were also very nice and comfortable. I absolutely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends