“Generally Good, but inconsistent ”
Review of Apollonia

Apollonia
Ranked #94 of 1,250 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nobel Drive
Transit: Bus stops are available on Nobel Drive and Genesee Avenue within 2-minute walk from Apollonia
Description: A contender for the best Greek restaurant in Southern California, For 28 years, Apollonia (formerly Aesop's Tables) has been the destination of choice for La Jollans with an appetite for Greek delicacies. The restaurant has a handsome outdoor patio where shaded alfresco dining is delightful. Venture inside and you will find a charming ambiance in every dining room and in the beautiful lounge. The menu includes age-old favorites such as Dolmades and Moussaka, alongside some absolute surprises guaranteed to tantalize your adventurous curiosity. The menu offers many heart-healthy items prevalent in Greek cuisine and are suitable to those who follow a restricted diet yet like the joys of eating and the finer things of life. Apollonia's service is very friendly and as pleasant as the food.
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We were invited guests for a dinner birthday party this evening. I got the taste a number of dishes. The moussaka was fresh and tasted fine. It was served with potatoes which were delicious. The hummus was good, not great. My husband had a shrimp dish that was served not even warm, and it should have been hot! I had salad that I’ve had many times before, but it just didn’t seem very good tonight. ( actually think they forgot to shake or stir the dressing, so the seasoning was off.). Wait staff never checked to see if we needed any refills on drinks or even if our food was okay. I guess when they’re guaranteed a tip on a large party it might take away their incentive to provide quality service. I’ve been here for lunch and for dinner before. In my opinion it varies from just okay to very good.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My wife and I took an elderly gentleman and his wife here for his 83rd birthday. None of us had ever been here before. A friend told us about it. We were not disappointed. Our waiter was most friendly and helpful. All of us really enjoyed the delicious meals we ordered. The Birthday Boy was very happy indeed. We will return to this wonderful place next time we're in the mood for Greek food. The only thing we noticed on the negative side was slow service. However, we were in no hurry and it really did not make any difference. We dined in their patio and our delightful waiter also had many tables to take care of inside as well. Very Good overall...

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018

A typical Greek/Mediterranean menu in a very casual environment. The food quality was not consistent. The moussaka was quite tasty and well prepared, but the beef kabobs were dry and overcooked, and the gyros plate was just average. The tzatziki and baba ghannouj appetizers were not bad, but not outstanding. Prices were reasonable. Service was very friendly and the server was attentive, but the kitchen was very slow. The wine list was limited with surprisingly few Greek wines, but was modestly priced.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 6 March 2018

This is a very good Greek bistro with good atmospherics and very good food. We liked the falafel plate, the spanokopita, mousaka, and other standards. The service is attentive, and in decent weather, pretty common in San Diego, there is patio seating.

We came the last time because I belong to the birthday club and get a discount. All in all a very nice experience.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Had a very nice lunch with my family. The food was very good and a great value. Very friendly waitress and staff. We will come back soon!

Date of visit: March 2018