“Best Veggie Burrito In La Jolla”

Don Carlos Taco Shop
Ranked #60 of 1,249 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I come here OFTEN for the one pound veggie burrito with sour cream. This burrito is always perfect, very fresh and can’t be beat. The salsa verde (green sauce made with fresh cilantro, tomatillo, and jalapeño, is among the best in California. This is more of a walk up fast food place with maybe 6 tables, been in business since the ‘80’s, and I a local secret.
*TOP PICK FOR LA JOLLA*

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

My kids took me to breakfast at Don Carlos yesterday morning because it’s one of their favorite places to go for lunch during school.

What a huge menu!! So many burritos, even more taco combinations. Plenty for vegetarians and carnivores alike!

Breakfast burritos with eggs and potatoes or tacos of every type.

The servings are generous and the people who work there are so very friendly.

Seating is available inside or outside.

Parking is available on Pearl St and on side streets.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I love tacos, and I thought theirs were excellent. My were carne asada. Lots of chunks of flavorful beef topped with guacamole and some pico de gallo in a double tortilla. The place is a mom and pop operation. It looked like one person was doing the cooking which I'm sure is why some have felt the service was slow. Well folks, this is not a fast food chain so if fast is what you want, go to Taco Bell. There are three tables inside and a few outside. If you go at lunch time, expect to wait in line and have someone along to claim a table.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

So the taco shop we love was closed for the day and so we went to this one since it was rated so high. First the service was sooo slow- waited 20-30 minutes for our food. When I asked about it she rolled her eyes. The shrimp and fish tacos were completely flavorless so disappointed and lunch cost us $55 for four people.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Went to Don Pablo's on the hunt for the best Taco. I got a chorizo and a shrimp taco. Here the tacos are double wrapped in tortillas and maybe because the sauces are wet. I tried to eat the shrimp with a single tortilla and it fell apart. The tacos were tasty, and street taco fresh. I enjoyed them, but for a better taste there is a place down the street to try. Don Pablo's had a full menu, and no wait to order. Once you order, as other places of this type you wait, they have a few seats inside, and more outside, but looks like most are take out. The tacos are good. They are not the best in the area, but tasty and filling.