1,152 results
All reviews la jolla shores chairs and umbrellas beachfront room ping pong beach service third floor marine room ocean front shuttle service hot tub beach access hotel restaurant parking garage nice pool san diego family vacation garden view
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We stayed here for Spring Break with our two kids in a room with a kitchenette. The kitchenette was great and had everything we needed to cook a few meals and the room had an ocean view. The pool was really warm and protected from the ocean breeze so it was perfectly comfortable for swimming when the weather was 65 and sunny. There is a separate courtyard area with games like ping pong, bean bags, giant Jenga and giant Connect 4. The property was right on the beach and walking distance to several restaurants. The whole area has a laid back vibe and was exactly what we were looking for!

Room tip: Third floor rooms have great views!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank KHMpls
Alex W, Manager at La Jolla Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

We are so pleased you enjoyed your Spring Break at the La Jolla Shores with your family. We appreciate your great feedback and will be sure to share your comments with our teams. Our courtyard games have been a huge success with our guests and we look forward to expanding our program this summer as we roll out Summer Days at the Shores. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Love this hotel. Great service. Beautiful location right on the beach in La Jolla. Parking is self park only which was fine with us. Beds comfy. Enjoyed the bar and the pool but did not eat there. I had made a mistake booking and the hotel contacted me directly to confirm what i wanted. Amazing customer service!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Had a couple of nights here when visiting Scripps Oceanography, which is only 15 minutes' walk away. The hotel is based around a central, open courtyard, with all the rooms accessible from outdoors rather than internal corridors. The hotel has a rustic feel but not shabby. My room was large (including a large balcony), well maintained and had character.

Location-wise it's right on the beach in the La Jolla shores area, surrounded by residential streets. Throughout the day the area has a constant buzz of surfers arriving and leaving, but it never feels too busy. 2 mins' walk along Avenida de la Playa gets you to a small selection of shops, restaurants, cafes and bars. I'd recommend Piatti, which is an upscale Italian, or Shorehouse Kitchen for a coffee. La Jolla cove, with many more restaurants and shops, its caves and sea lions, is a 30-40 min walk away.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DJ_Billy
Alex W, Manager at La Jolla Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the La Jolla Shores Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and was able to explore the great amenities located around the hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

A nice and informal venue with direct access to the beach and 2 blocks from cute restaurants...my business colleagues and I enjoyed our stay and the relaxed environment for our meetings. Clean & comfortable room; delicious food provided by hotel catering for our meeting.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are so pleased you had a great business meeting at the Shores Hotel and hope you found some time to relax at the beach or pool. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

I had a quick 1-night stay at the La Jolla Shores Hotel for a wedding. My trip might have been too short to get a true feel of the hotel but there were definitely positives and negatives which were apparent.

Positives -
1. The venue for the wedding was beautiful (dinner/drinks outside, dancing indoors).
2. The location had an AMAZING view of the ocean and it was right on the beach.
3. The rooms were HUGE and seemed clean.
4. The staff I interacted with were definitely friendly and they got me a room at 10am. Definitely appreciated.

Negatives -
1. Everything is definitely dated. Kind of coasting on its good view at this point.
2. The view is great... but the location isn't really convenient to the airport or downtown San Diego. If you stay here, then you should play here. And probably get a car.
3. Everything shut down at 10pm. They kicked us out of the wedding reception before 10 and when we asked where to go afterwards... the staff just kind of said nowhere because everything is closed.
4. My ground-level room opened to a courtyard where anyone could be walking... and the room was too dark with the shade closed. So you had to choose privacy or light.

Don't get me wrong, the hotel was fine.. but for the same price (or probably less when you factor in having to rent a car/pay for meals/drinks...) I could have enjoyed an all-inclusive in the Caribbean.

Regardless, thank you to the hotel for making my friend's wedding a great experience!

Room tip: Ask to stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor to avoid having to choose between privacy and light.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Alex W, Manager at La Jolla Shores Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you for your positive and negative feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the wedding you attended, your room and our wonderful views of the ocean and beach. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our teams and hope we may welcome you back again in the future.