“What a nice surprise”
Review of Piatti

Piatti
Reserve with OpenTable
Piatti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,249 Restaurants in La Jolla
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: La Jolla Shores Drive
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

After staying too late on the beach Sunday night I didn't have many options of where to eat. (It was around 10:00.) Luckily La Jolla's Italian restaurant, Pianni was still serving. I had one of the best meals of my trip there. I wish I could have had more time in La Jolla not just because it is so lovely but so I could have another meal at this restaurant. We sat outside on what was becoming a chilly night but their outside heaters kept the chill off. My friend had a lovely looking thin crusted Italian sausage pizza that he said was very good, I never got a bite of it. I had the wild mushroom rotolo which was dreamy. There were many other tempting items on the menu but I can't list them all here. The menu is on line go check it out yourself! Don't miss desert though, I had the chocolate bread pudding and my friend had blackberry sorbet both good but tried together and it was out of this world. I heard another table order the lemon marscarpone cheesecake which sounded great. The prices for dinner averaged around $17 and deserts around $7. Not bad compared to other prices I saw around La Jolla.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Went with a group of 8, we sat outside under the tree which was nice on a summer evening, our service was good the waiter was attentive

Reviewed 5 October 2017

HIdden in some back streets on the north side of La Jolla with lots of surf shops and young surfer dudes wandering around. We worried that maybe this place would be too hip. But while Piatti is an unassuming place from the outside, the interior is fairly sophisticated and service is good.

The Romain Caesar Salad was rather bland - it didn't have the kick we usually look for. However the handmade pasta was some of he best I have ever eaten. I had the Wild Mushroom Rotolo and requested some grilled chicken with it for protein. It was wonderful!

My companion had the Oriecchette (chicken in Gorgonzola creme. I dislike Gorgonzola, but this sauce was subtle enough that I also loved trying it.

So, one of the best places for pasta I have ever eaten. So even though the salad was not the best, I give them 5 stars for the pasta.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

No other Italian restaurant in San Diego can compete with Piatti in food, prices, and service. We love it, but please remodel your bathrooms.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Great food and great atmosphere. We ate here 3 of the 4 nights we stayed in La Jolla. The food was amazing and we loved sitting on the back patio area by the tree. The staff were excellent and very accommodating. All of our waiters were great, but Sal was the best. We loved this place!