“Ample Portions to say the least”
Review of Steelhead Lodge

Steelhead Lodge
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Klamath
Price range: US$20 - US$38
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our restaurant features an outdoor grill, and we are best known for our great ribeye steak and incredible pork ribs. We also feature a full service bar. After enjoying our famous fish bowl margaritas you might want to stay in our motel or RV park. Located 3 miles off HWY 101 in the heart of the redwoods next to beautiful Klamath River. We are open March - June, Fri-Sun 5pm-9:30pm July - Mid Sept Wed-Sun 5pm-9:30pm Mid Sept-October Fri-Sun 5pm-9:30pm. Reservations recommended.
Reviewed 9 October 2017

There aren't a lot of eating choices in the area. Steelhead Lodge is quirky and charming with huge portions of a meal that includes your sides. The chicken was a little overcooked but the beef dishes were yummy.

smasten, Owner at Steelhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our place. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

The place is just short drive off the 101, up the Kamath River, well hidden in the Redwoods of Kamath Glenn. A "diamond in the rough" is a understatement - the food is excellent and down to perfection - winter hours has it open only on Friday and Saturday, after 5 pm - call for reservation!

smasten, Owner at Steelhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We hope to see you again in your travels!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

First class food, pleasant room, fine bar while you wait. Serving quick and friendly. Very reasonable prices. A MUST IF YOU ARE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!
Booking probably necessary if you want to eat...

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Drove in late afternoon and just showed up around 6:30 on Saturday night. The place is small and a very nice bartender/hostess told me it would be 45 minutes for a table. No problem, I sat at the quiet but welcoming bar and had a nice cocktail made exactly as I asked. My table came up at the 45 minute estimate and it was worth the wait. The limited menu is evidence that they do everything on it very well. I had the single rib slab dinner. Loved the old fashioned style of service. Simple salad with 3 dressings in a serving dish, my ranch was obviously homemade and yummy. A warm roll alongside the "eat with a fork" tender ribs with 2 sauces brought to the table. Baked potato perfectly done with a service of toppings-make it as you like it. There was a small mushroom and pineapple skewer on the side, frankly I was too full to taste it. The servings were very generous and I ended up taking quite a bit of food back to my hotel. Dessert is a scoop of ice cream which I didn't have room for. All of this for $20. Don't try to eat here if you are a vegetarian, the ribs and steaks are the highlight of a meat centric menu. Enjoy!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We were staying at the Holiday Inn in Klamath in early July (didn't know about this place!) and since the water was off in the whole town there was no place to eat. The hotel directed us to the Steelhead Lodge where we had a wonderful meal in a clean, interesting dining room. We both had the cod and our grandson had the half chicken. We saw how large the meat portions were and decided to have the fish, but I kind of wish we had tried both. Regardless, the service was friendly and the fish and chicken were very tasty, and best of all we ate dinner at an address that you can hardly pronounce and found out the definition of "Riffle". We are from Florida and California and this place was a treat.