See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Stayed as a family of 4 with 2 young kids. One of them was sick and wanted to lie down and Neil was very accommodating in letting us check in a couple of hours early. We were given a 1 bedroom suite which was a nice surprise as sharing a room with 2 young boys can be very cosy. The couch (not a pull out) was also quite comfy. The internet was barely existent but I think because we were in one of the furthest rooms away from the office.

It also had the smallest fridge and microwave ever! Unfortunately no coffee/tea making facilities. TV was old school and small, but that did not bother us. Heater worked well. Think the carpet was new.

Try and shower the night before. I was the only one who showered in the morning and the water was lukewarm at best.

Would happily stay there for a short visit again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Due to the late hour, my wife and I decided not to drive home to Sacramento. All the room in the area were over $150; this was (the last room available) $90. Yes, the rooms need update, but the bed was comfortable and the room quiet.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2016

This is a small, run down motel, on the level of an older Motel 6. They still use real keys for their doors. Rooms are very minimal, no extras like coffee, conditioner, lotion, iron, hair dryer, breakfast. Our cramped room had a bed, small couch (which I enjoyed sleeping on more than the bed!), older TV, microwave, mini fride, one sink, shower stall (no tub) and toilet. No particular improvements were noticeable except for maybe some paint. The pool was empty. The parking lot is cramped. However, on the positive side, the check in folks were nice, the linens and rooms were clean, it has free wifi, and the neighborhood was surprisingly quiet even with the window open throughout the night. This motel sits within easy walking distance to King's Beach - less than a block away. It has a community room where I heard kids playing ping pong, but I'm not sure what else was offered inside.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank kmbrbby
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

It was so nasty, I wouldn't let my dogs stay there. It needs major remodeling job. We reaves it because they said they were close to Sugar Bowl ski resort, not real close at all. Not good. Everything was in various stages of falling apart. Last resort Resort!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ray F
Reviewed 11 August 2015

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com