“Not for beginners!!!!”
Review of Liberty Ranch

Liberty Ranch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: If you are looking for a ranch to enjoy your visit at Sihanoukville , if you want have another point of view at our region, Liberty Ranch is the ideal place to make a cultural discovery in the beautiful scenery that offers the Cambodia. Why ride a horse? This is the best way to explore nature in all respect it. This allows you to see unexpected animals without disturb. This is a good way to learn about riding. And it is especially a unique moment with family or friends with a lot of laughter. We are Ranch based in Sihanoukville ( Cambodia ) We have 6 horses ( 2 females and 4 Males ). We offers to ride the horse for one , two or three hour. You can ride to the beach or to the country side near the village.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I went for a 1 hour horse ride at liberty ranch. We were recommended by the hotel to go horse riding here. Upon arrival we told the man at reception we were beginner riders and that we had only been horse riding a few times however we have had no previous issues on other horse rides. He wasn’t sure which horse to put us on and then put myself on Kira and my partner on a male horse. My partner was not sure from the beginning as his horse was bucking his head a lot, my partners horse did not respond to him pulling the rein to stop and had a mind of its own, we walked onto the beach and the guide told me to wait with my horse while he went on his horse to get my partner as his horse would not stop eating even though we were pulling the rein. I had my rein tight to have my horse stay still and it took off for about 10 metres even though I was pulling on the rein to stop. I was very afraid as I felt I had no control of my horse and we asked to go back to the ranch. I would highly not recommended this for any beginners the horses are not well trained and I did not feel safe at all. The guide was great he spoke good enough English and took us back when we asked to go back. They should have more staff walking with the horses during a horse ride. We weren’t offered any refunds even though they knew we were not suited for the horses we were given and that we had returned early unhappy after feeling very unsafe.

All reviews
"bucket list"
"fun ride"
"water buffalo"

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Would defiantly recommend this trip!
Very friendly staff and very HEALTHY HORSES! Was totally worth it!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a swim with horses (1hr30) ride with the ranch in the morning. I am an experienced rider so can often find riding abroad difficult to cater for my level but this ranch was perfect! It was just me and my guide, An, and we were able to canter and gallop along the beach often, which was brilliant for me. I have never swam with horses before but it was a truly amazing experience and one I will not forget for a long time! We stopped to take our saddles off and then took the horses into the sea, and hopped on back on the horses and swam around in the water. I was able to get lots of photos and a lovely video of me swimming with the horses too! Absolutely amazing experience, I would recommend it to anyone, experienced or not! I was able to book my ride over email and the ranch gave the option to arrange tuk tuks to get you to and from the ranch. Friendly, helpful staff, beautiful happy, well looked after horses and an unforgettable experience!

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I visited liberty ranch this morning, my boyfriend came with me but has a bad back so he stayed at the ranch but enjoyed relaxing there, I chose the hour and half treck and swim I really enjoyed it, it had been a few years since I’d rode but this was no problem, we had two instructors with us and they couldn’t have been nicer, we left the ranch and went to the beach where we could do a short trot and canter, we then reached the water where I got to enter the water with the horse and it was really amazing to be in the water with a horse like nothing I’d ever done before, we then rode back to the ranch through the forest, the horses were in excellent condition you were even weighed before you rode to ensure you got the most suitable horse I really liked this! Highly recommend and I wish liberty ranch all the best in the future ☺️

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Had a great time riding the horses and taking them for a swim in the sea. The swimming was a whole new experience for me and enjoyed it a lot. The Cambodian guide we had with us spoke sufficient English and was super patient with us girls who of course wanted a little photo shoot with our horse in the water.

The horses were very well trained but not till a boring level which you often see when you do a horse riding tour abroad. They still have some spirit in them. How fast you go is really depending on your experience so it is fun for both inexperienced and experienced riders.

The only thing I would have liked more was a little more time to get to know the horse. But I think that was only the case for us as we showed up half an hour late.