“Great find in Sonoma”

Price range: US$0 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Italian trattoria in the heart of the wine country. Owned and operated by Luca and Linda Citti. Fresh pastas, focaccia, soups, salads and dessert made on the premises fresh daily. Specializing in northern Italian cuisine from the region of Tuscany where Luca was born and raised. Family atmosphere, casual dining. Patio seating available as well as take out for a picnic lunch at a nearby winery. Recently featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives with Guy Fieri.
Reviewed 14 February 2012

No glitz or pretention here... Just good food in a wonderful atmosphere... You actually order at the counter and they serve you at your table... Don't let that put you off because this is a terriffic place.

Wholesome, fresh and delightful food... Mediterranean with a leaning to Italian. Great selection (not large... but works) of wines not only from Sonoma but all over the world...

I have been here twice and came away away with a smile on my face.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stopped for lunch at the suggestion of the desk at Gaige House. Place was packed. You order at the counter and they deliver to your table. Most diners seemed to be enjoying pasta, pizza. I ordered a calamari salad, my wife a smoked chicken salad. We are trying to cut back on the carbs. The slads lacked a fresh taste and the sesoning in both was off in a way difficult to describe. Maybe we would stop again, order differntly.

1  Thank ucddoc
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We were so looking forward to this dinner in October, 2011. We had had a sampling of Citti's food at a barrel tasting at the winery next door to it in 2009, and had seen it featured on the Travel Channel and the Food Network. However, on this night anyway, we found it to be mediocre. We went early in order to avoid a wait; we were seated with very little wait by dining outdoors. The patio was nice and there were heaters, but we ate with our jackets on and we were still pretty cool. The salad was nice and fresh/crips, but our entrees were nothing special. My husband had the Risotto and I had gnocchi, which I had had the previous night at a different restaurant and LOVED. This was a very disappointing choice -- it was too soft and mushy and the flavor could best be described as blah. The wine list was rather limited and overpriced compared to other restaurants. They had a selection of some very nice Italian wines, but they were pretty expensive. Service was OK, but not exceptional in any way. Our bill for one salad, two entrees, bottle of Italian wine, and tip was around $100. Hate to say it since I really wanted it to be good, but I wouldn't recommend this one . . .

2  Thank ArkieFoodie
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Great homemade pastas & sauces. Great service. A little different in that you walk up and place your order and then are seated. After that it becomes a traditional restaurant service. Great stop during wine tasting. we appreciated that they were open for such a late lunch [3PM]. Beware they do close between 3:30-5:30 to get ready for dinner service.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Great home cooking reminds me of my grandmas holiday dinners. Tortlini soup, 5 kinds of sauces, great wine, outdoor dining, you won't want to leave. Luca and Linda make you feel at home. Don't forget desert!! This has to be my all time favorite italian restaurant. I do not give out 5 stars very often, I highly recommend!

1  Thank RicoSha