“Great Breakfast on a Cold Morning”
Review of Granny's Kitchen

Granny's Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 28 Restaurants in Julian
Reviewed 3 February 2016

We went to Granny's on a cold Monday morning after the most recent storm, so there weren't a lot of people there. We were greeted pleasantly at the counter and gave our order. We chose a table in back next to the windows and enjoyed the view while we talked. Our food arrived after a short wait and lived up to our expectations. I had the Denver omelette, which was overflowing with ham, onions and tomatoes, and potatoes. My wife had a breakfast burrito, which was huge. Both were excellent. I highly recommend Granny's. The service was friendly. The atmosphere was pleasant. The food was great. The next morning we decided to get something and eat in our cabin. Granny's was one of the few places open at that hour. The fruit scones caught my eye and after being informed that they had just come out of the oven, I bought two, along with a blueberry muffin. After a short walk back to the cabin, we had our scones. My wife exclaimed, "These are still warm". They were indeed warm and also the best scones I can remember having, anywhere!

Reviewed 2 January 2016

What a friendly place...everyone who passed us on their way in either commented about our dogs or had a morning greeting for us. The coffee was nice and robust and the scone had come out of the oven within the last 15 minutes. Best place for coffee in Julian :) Thanks Granny's!

Reviewed 28 December 2015

customer service excellent front register very pleasant felt like I was home meal was great took care of us 6 in party will come back again to Granny's kitchen

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Granny's kitchen from the outside is an inviting little restaurant that looks like a house. Upon entering you order at the counter and then wait for your food. My party and I waited probably about 15 minutes in line just to order our food at the counter. Once we finally reached the counter we were told that it would be a 40 minute wait for any food coming out of the kitchen. Since we had already waited in line and we didn't have anything else going on at the time we decided to wait it out. So we ordered 2 bagels with cream cheese (one with smoked salmon and capers and one without) and 2 pastrami sandwiches. Well it took over an hour for our food. It seems that there really is a granny in the kitchen and she must also be the only one making food in the kitchen. When we received our food, it was decent, not the most amazing food I've had but certainly not bad. Was it worth an hour ? No. To be fair, we were warned and the hot caramel apple cider I had was super tasty. Too bad I finished it all before my bagel arrived.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

Quick stop for takeaway capuccinos on the drive from Borrego Springs to San Diego. Couldn't resist the blueberry scones--freshly baked with tons of blueberries and peaches. Delicious capuccinos, too. Fantastic!

Been to Granny's Kitchen? Share your experiences!