1,091 results
All reviews front desk orange county airport executive floor self parking john wayne directly across the street convenient location rental car breakfast buffet business trip bar restaurant mini fridge fitness center business traveler newport beach shuttle service free shuttle
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Great clean rooms, and affordable rate. Parking is not reasonable. Suggest taxi or Uber in...
Prompt shuttle to the airport every half hour..
I'll be back....
Upscale bar and restaurant area opening out to the pool.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2016

The property is beautiful and well maintained. Rooms and amenities are as you would expect from Hilton. BUT, the staff is the most best reason to stay here. Worth it even if you have to pay a few more $. Everyone was friendly and helpful. They wanted to make everyone's staff as perfect as possible. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2016

If I could give this place ZERO stars I would. I am a Hilton Honors member and I did not feel that way at all. The staff at the front desk always seem to have an attitude when it comes to helping the guests. At most Hiltons I have been thanked for being a loyal member, but not at this one. I've stayed here multiple times and have noticed that the staff may be unhappy with their jobs, but that is not a good feeling for a guest to have upon check-in.

This hotel charges you $24 dollars for parking and not only that...I paid cash when I checked out for my stay and came home to find that they charged me a $250 smoking fee and I didn't even smoke in the room! I immediately called to tell them they have made a mistake and to check the room again. I spoke to the "Director of Operations" by the name of DENA TALBERT and she immediately accused me of smoking in the room. She even said my room reeked of smoke, the whole floor smelled like smoke, and that she received complaints from other guests. Funny because not once did I receive any phone call, knock on the door or mention of the complaints AT ANY POINT in my stay. I also asked for the times that the hotel guests complained and she could not give a time until I demanded she tell me when they complained and she finally said around 7am or 8 am when they checked out.
Also funny because I did not check out until 1:30pm and never received any notification of the complaints or even a mention about anything negative regarding the room I stayed in. Wouldn't you think I would have been notified in some shape or form if this phantom smoke was real???
Around 12pm even a maid knocked on the door to see if the room was free to clean and I opened the door and told her I had a late checkout. Still no complain of any smell or smoke. DENA TALBERT also said there was evidence of me smoking in the room and I would like to see what she made up. How can you make evidence out of nothing?
I told DENA TALBERT, who was extremely rude, that I no longer felt comfortable staying at the Hilton with these false accusations and she said "Great. Dont ever come back to my hotel again!" She has my word..I will NEVER stay there again and I will make sure to tell all of my friends and loved ones to never stay at this particular Hilton.
I hung up the phone almost in tears and shaking from anger. How could someone do that?? Blatantly lie. I have done nothing wrong and I still cannot believe the audacity of that hotel and that woman. I decided to not even bother arguing with her and just disputed it with my credit card company.
I am extremely disappointed in Hilton for allowing this kind of treatment to loyal members or to any guest for that matter. Unfair is not a strong enough word to describe this situation. Take my advice and DO NOT STAY HERE!!! There are far better hotels around the John Wayne Airport area that will provide you with better customer service and kindness...and much more important they won't hit you with made up fees! Shame on Hilton for having such rude lying uncourteous members on their staff.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2016

After being on road for 7 hrs get to hotel and the hit me with extra expenses. I told them what rate my group was paying and they said mine was different. Get room and sinks clogged. Try to sleep and bunch of noise outside. Staff seemed concerned but never made adjustments to bill. No recommendation here.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Very friendly hotel staff. Our room was nice, clean with view of the John Wayne airport. Remarkably quiet given the proximity to the runways where you could see the planes landing. The breakfast buffet was quite good as well. I will echo other comments that the WIFI connection on our 7th floor was virtually zero. But for the rate we paid, it more than met expectations and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Use the Hilton app to pick your own room - just like advertised as one would for a seat on a plane. The description was accurate.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family