All reviews toilet room john wayne airport indoor pool sitting area yogurt free parking separate rooms free breakfast hot oatmeal orange county the breakfast area would definitely stay here again worked fine fitness center nice breakfast business center coffee maker
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I would recommend this hotel in general. The staff was very nice. The room was nice. But for a family with small kids, I think other hotels would be better. It really comes down to small details, such as the TV stations available for the kids. No Disney or age appropriate stations... just basic stations. But the shows on these are really not the best for my kids, so the kids get restless until we leave the room. Had to unplug the lamp because the cord was dragging across the room and was dangerous for our toddlers. No bathtub in our room, just a shower.

The free breakfast is always nice, but had the typical food as other places. Very crowded on the day we were there. Weak coffee. For tired parents, this was disappointing. The patio to the breakfast eating area had In-N-Out wrappers all on the ground. Other than that, the place seemed well cleaned. I warned the guy going in the toilet there was no tissue left. He didn't seem to hear me. I saw the extra tissue on the sink area, which you had to leave the toilet to get. Not sure how this guy is going to manage this... (YIKES!)

I would be curious to what other places near by for the same price are like. Some seemed nicer and cheaper. This place might be best for the casual business person or couples without kids needing a basic place to stay while in the area.

Here is one small thing the hotel might think about doing to compensate for the lack of being child-friendly. Offer a one page handout, "Fun things to do with you kids near our hotel". Point out parks, coffee, kid friendly eating, etc. Parents always love these tips. We'll take to our apps and research your recommendations.

Room Tip: Kids can get a nice view of planes landing. Get a room that faces the landing path.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
David A, Manager at SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear valued guest

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on our hotel. We are a very busy hotel in the Irvine area and many families and corporate travelers have enjoyed our products and services for years. Our goal is that all of our guest have a memorable experience at our hotel and I very sorry that we did not meet your hotel expectations. We are always working to improve and I appreciate your comments.

I'm not sure why you did not receive a room with a tub as tubs are available if requested. As for TV channels for children we do have some channels for children, but sorry no Disney. Thank you for your suggestion regarding a handout on thing of interest for families. I will make this happen.

Thank you for staying with us and if I can be of any assistance and/or discuses your recent stay please let me know.

Sincerely

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Spent 1 night before our early flight out the following morning at this property. There were 4 of us and the room was designed with 2 double beds, a pull out sofa, a large walk-in closet, dresser, shower and sink area separate from the toilet room. Furnishings are modern Ikea like, functional with comfortable beds.
Free airport shuttle starts at 5am and even though the breakfast wasn't set out yet, there was fruit and coffee. The gal at the front desk offered to put something together for us to take with, which we declined, but was very nice and thoughtful of her. Shuttle driver pleasant and cheery.
Reasonably priced, and since I live in OC, I would stay there again if I had an early morning flight to have a restful night before a long day of travel ahead.

Room Tip: Upper floor room facing the front, but airplanes taking off and landing stops late eve until 7am for a quiet night.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
John D, Manager at SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Hello Cleeclub,

Thank you so much for staying with us and your kind compliments on our furnishings and staff. We are happy to hear that we have gained a new returning guest and look forward to your next arrival.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I recently stayed at this property and was impressed by the entire experience, not easy because I expect a certain level of service. The staff was more than simply cordial, they were very friendly and helpful about location travel. Whether needing to get to a business meeting or a local dinner suggestion, they exceeded expectations.
Will definitely stay here if in the area again. Would also take my family to this property if vacationing in this area.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor and though near two busy streets and a major highway, I had no external noise.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank WHCampbell
John D, Manager at SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Hello WHCampbell,

Thank you so much for staying with us. It was our pleasure to host you during your time in the Orange County area. We do our best to exceed our guests expectation and I am happy to hear that we achieved our goal during your stay. Thank you so much for the compliments and we look forward to your next arrival with us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Good price, very clean, and surprisingly busy for a weekend in a light industry neighborhood. Several other guests were with their children so I assume they were on a short vacation. Very reasonably priced for the area. We were able to take our morning 2 mile walk and felt safe in the neighborhood on a weekend. Large beautiful trees shaded our walk and we did meet a couple of other walkers too. Staff was pleasant and efficient, room was actually a suite with a large desk, a sofa, coffee table, and plenty of lamps. I liked the fact that there were two sinks, one in the lavatory and one in the shower area. Also plenty of mirrors and electrical outlets. Room includes a refrigerator and microwave. We stayed in room 150 which was quiet and not too far from either the lobby or the parking lot. There is now a charge for parking, but it was $12 per night as opposed to $25 per night as most of the other hotels were charging. They do serve a good breakfast included in the room rate. There are plenty of decent restaurants and a large liquor store nearby, a short drive but not really walkable. We were there to visit family in nearby Costa Mesa and liked the nearby freeway access to Hwy 55. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
John D, Manager at SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Hello CarolHarb,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful amenities. I am also a huge fan of our breakfast. Thank you so much for your compliments and we look forward to assisting you on a future reservation when you are back in the Orange County area.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Of all of the chain hotels out there in the country. I like SpringHill Suites the best. They have great furnishings, very comfortable beds and carpets, a well-designed room, nice colors, plenty of lights, a comfortable couch, and a nice desk to do work on. A good breakfast and a nice meeting space near the lobby, colorful and lovely smelling gardens, and a fitness center with weights. Truly nothing to complain about, which is very rare for me!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
John D, Manager at SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Hello James B,

Thank you so much for staying with us and your compliments on the hotel and brand. We appreciate you as a guest and thank you for your continued loyalty to Marriott and its brands. We look forward to assisting you on a future reservation the next time you are in the Orange County area and continuing to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for staying and we wish you continued safe travels.

Yours in hospitality,