“Very Good Mexican”

El Torito Mexican Restarurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Torito Mexican Restarurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 745 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I've ate at the location in Danas Point and Irvine and neither disappointed. Awesome food with stellar service and friendly staff. Pricing is on par with the food quality/quantity and service received.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I have eaten at El Torito numerous times over the years, and it has been consistently very good with prompt and courteous service at reasonable prices. Some of the larger dishes are best split between two. I will continue to patronize this place.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We stopped in for a quick lunch on a Saturday while we were out car shopping in Newport Beach. We were seated quickly, and our server was nice and suggested certain options. I ordered a spicy mojito drink which was delicious. Our waitress made sure to inform me I was ordering outside of happy hour, so the price would be different from the price listed on the picture, which was fine. It was still reasonably priced.

The food was pretty tasty, and they offered some tasty appetizers like jalapeño fries. Our food was served in good-sized portions, so we were way too full for dessert and could not even finish our meals. Even the salsa was yummy and was offered in different levels of heat.

The ambiance was festive and casual like many Mexican restaurants. The music was also festive and made me want to dance. The only reason I did not give this place five stars is that they need to clean the rafters and dust the window sills. Seeing webs hanging from the ceilings in a restaurant never lends a good vibe to a good meal. Everything else appeared to be well kept and clean, though.

That drink alone is enough to take me back to that restaurant when we're back in the OC. I do recommend trying it, because it was good food, good drinks, and good service at good prices.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Came for a late meal. Service was ok, food was not the greatest but not the worst. However the drinks seem to be exceptionally well. Nothing to really rant or rave about,!it was exactly what I came for a late meal.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

This location is a popular lunch destination for businesses in the area. Directly adjacent to the John Wayne Airport, parking is abundant and the food is good and generally served efficiently and quickly. There is a small patio available, and this location easily accommodates medium sized groups of 20 or so.