“Great food! Great drinks! Great service! Great prices!”

El Torito Mexican Restarurant
Ranked #88 of 679 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We stopped in for a quick lunch on a Saturday while we were out car shopping in Newport Beach. We were seated quickly, and our server was nice and suggested certain options. I ordered a spicy mojito drink which was delicious. Our waitress made sure to inform me I was ordering outside of happy hour, so the price would be different from the price listed on the picture, which was fine. It was still reasonably priced.

The food was pretty tasty, and they offered some tasty appetizers like jalapeño fries. Our food was served in good-sized portions, so we were way too full for dessert and could not even finish our meals. Even the salsa was yummy and was offered in different levels of heat.

The ambiance was festive and casual like many Mexican restaurants. The music was also festive and made me want to dance. The only reason I did not give this place five stars is that they need to clean the rafters and dust the window sills. Seeing webs hanging from the ceilings in a restaurant never lends a good vibe to a good meal. Everything else appeared to be well kept and clean, though.

That drink alone is enough to take me back to that restaurant when we're back in the OC. I do recommend trying it, because it was good food, good drinks, and good service at good prices.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Came for a late meal. Service was ok, food was not the greatest but not the worst. However the drinks seem to be exceptionally well. Nothing to really rant or rave about,!it was exactly what I came for a late meal.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

This location is a popular lunch destination for businesses in the area. Directly adjacent to the John Wayne Airport, parking is abundant and the food is good and generally served efficiently and quickly. There is a small patio available, and this location easily accommodates medium sized groups of 20 or so.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Had a quick bite at El Torito.
Luckily we got out very quickly as well.
Nothing in there to retain.
Low quality food; low quality service.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Great food and service!!! The restaurant is clean and the management and staff are extremely friendly!