“Good Mexican Food!”

El Torito Mexican Restarurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Torito Mexican Restarurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 755 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Great food and service!!! The restaurant is clean and the management and staff are extremely friendly!

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Really nice Mexican restaurant within walking distance of our hotel. Guacamole made fresh tableside was the best we had on the entire vacation. Fresh made to order tortillas were great as well as the margaritas. The rest of the food was good with a few flavor twists on the standard Mexican fare.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Walking distance if you stay at the hotel across from John Wyane Airport.
Good atmosphere for after work hangout with friends or colleagues. But it is really noise so you'll have to talk loud.
Good food, large portion, and nice service. My colleague got the sampler play, too much for him to finish. I got the pork plate and barely finished, but it tasted very good.

2  Thank Rui W
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Now 3 stars is termed average by Trip Advisor, and this was in no way average, but it was your typical Mexican restaurant. The shrimp and steak sizzler I had (see attached photos) were flavorful, but nothing I haven't had before. There was a tad bit of spice, but nothing to give the shrimp a nice kick. For the fried ice cream, the fried part tastes like they simply put corn flakes on the side instead of an actual shell. But as always still a good meal and perfectly edible food.

1  Thank flyingrohit
Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

Came in for dinner. The host looked up but did not engage me. It appeared he was hoping I would just go into the bar. Only after I said hi did he even start to talk. He immediately offered the bar, which was noisy. Instead I asked for the dining room. Waiter came and I asked if they had any specials. The answer was only in the bar. Is this a resteraunt or a bar? So I ordered a diet soda and started to look over menu. Waiter comes back and say "86 on the diet". So no specials, no diet, and no professionalism. I should have walked out.

Finally ordered. Meal was ok. Would have been better but I was a little bitter about the service.

I will not be coming back.