Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience Vihula Manor
from US$96.64
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2019

A good place to stay in northern Estonia when visiting Lahemaa National Park. This is a fairly large establishment with many buildings of accommodation, museum etc. We were in a separate building and the bedroom was up steep stairs. A pleasant enough room with a spa bath. The heater was in a ridiculous position that was a real trip hazard for the sleeper on that side of the bed. Also, the window blind would not close.
Dinner was a tapas style and pleasant and breakfast the next morning was a good spread.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed 12 January 2019

So, in this review I will look back to the restaurant located in the Vihula manor main house. There is also a pub-styled tavern called Kaval - Ants, but I haven`t visited that...yet.

I have had two dinners there quite recently and overall I am really pleased! First time happened few months ago when it was quite quiet in the manor complex. I think that there were approx 10 other quests enjoying the dinner at the same time. Firstly I would like to mention that they had live music playing (a guy behind a piano) at it really created nice atmosphere. I went for a two course - a main and a dessert.

My main was absolutely incredible - I took a smoked pork belly and by gods, it was just fantastic. It had beautiful crisp crunch, meat was really juicy and had smokey flavor to it and with seasoning - they nailed it! It was sided by beer-foam and some cream and berries that went with the dish nicely. Best pork I have had in my life. Period. For the dessert i had honey - carrot cake and it was overall good as well. If pork would be 10/10, then carrot cake would ease out around 8/10. Service - good 9/10 and atmosphere, thanks to the live piano - guy, 8/10. So overall 26/30 (food averages 9/10).

Second time when I had a chance to taste their cuisine was actually around a party-table, so I cannot judge service (although, even the complex was full of people, service was really good) as this was a special occasion. But I would point out the main dish I had which was a salmon sided with potato-mesh and vegetables. Salmon was cooked really well, just a edge being overcooked by sides, but middle of it was fantastic.

So, anyone who visits that region would definitely pop into their restaurant for a good experience!

Date of experience: January 2019
2  Thank Lothlorien666
Reviewed 7 January 2019

Of the few rooms we could visit, the manor house is very appealing. We enjoyed the out buildings much more, as they shared a unique history, such as the gristmill and the garage with beautifully resorted vintage cars. Lovely grounds to walk and see the outbuildings.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

The Vihual Manor and grounds have been recently restored. The compound offers a variety of restaurants, cafes, hotel, parks, spa, etc.
The food and service at the hotel are of good quality.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Brilliant renovation of a number of decrepit buildings..now converted into a relaxing high-class spa in the middle of a national park. Bedrooms are classy in a variety of buildings. Swimming pool and steam sauna in our building - the carriage house. Couple of places to eat at the spa..from an Estonian tavern to high dining. Wide choice of dishes for breakfast. Great mini-golf course..featuring sights of the Baltic states. Only downside is that there are lots of extras.. so check if things are complimentary or must you pay for it.