“Reasonably priced place with view of the bay”
Review of Fog's Kitchen

Fog's Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Inverness
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This is a reasonably priced place. I had fish and chips which were nicely fried and had good sauces (spicy ketchup, rather like sweet red chili sauce) and a homemade tartar sauce along with malt vinegar. I couldn't decide between them. Menu looked to have several interesting options, though it is what I would call "limited". My bill was under $20, which seems very reasonable for the area.

The service, esp for a single guy, was amazing, I'd say doting. I told them to tell the chef that slaw would be good with this. He brought me slaw!

I really enjoyed the view of the water.

Very basic hours. Too bad they aren't doing any breakfasts but Sunday.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I enjoyed the jackfruit tacos especially. They had a good selection of vegetarian options. It's a comfortable place, lots of room, and right by the water.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Took other people's orders first, forgot my beer/sauce and then took sauce off of another dish for no apparent reason. Tried to order beer again, they forgot?
Fish tacos were dry, oysters were warm.
womp.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Sine the restaurant was only a few steps away from our rooms at the Tomales Bay Resort, my boyfriend and I stopped in here for dinner, and we were so glad that we did! I had the seasonal Grain and Vegetable Bowl with farro and sauteed root vegetables topped with cranberries and crumbled feta cheese. It was very tasty and sweet! My boyfriend had the Chicken and Pesto Bow-tie Pasta, which he devoured. We also enjoyed the Goat Cheese Fromage, which was also topped withe pesto. It's hard to go wrong with melted cheese on bread! With dinner I enjoyed the apple-nectarine drinking vinegar which was even tastier and refreshing than I had hoped for, and my boyfriend enjoyed a glass of classic Lagunitas beer.

The restaurant is clean and decorated with beautiful brightly colored art which provides a nice contrast to the warm coastal cabin setting. It had a nice romantic feel to it that evening, and our waitress was very courteous and charming. They played all old hits from artists like Ray Charles. It was a highly enjoyable experience, and they will be getting more of my business the next time I am in the area. I love that the food is organic and locally sourced, and that vegetarian options are available.

I give it four stars, however, because their pasta servings are somewhat small for the price. For that reason, it is a good idea to get an appetizer for the table. You will definitely end up spending a good chunk of change here (our 3 dishes and 2 drinks were about $50), but frankly, I think it is worth it for the food quality and the cozy environment. Stop in whenever you get the chance!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Fog's Kitchen is a great addition to the Tomales Bay Resort. Had a glass of wine in the sheltered outdoors seating area of the bar, overlooking the boat harbor. Service was excellent! I opted for an appetizer while waiting for my dinner companion. Forgot the name, but it was spicy hot fingerling potatoes - something "brava", they were excellent!
We had Crab Louis and Mac and Cheese with butternut squash (the vegetarian entree) and both were excellent.
Again, our waitress at dinner was wonderful, just the right amount of attentiveness and friendliness. Would I return here? In a heartbeat! Wish this place was closer to home... or would spawn a clone. It would do well anywhere, even without the superb view!