“Amazing Southern Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

An absolute must when in LA. The food is outrageously good. Expertly seasoned and prepared. We had catfish nuggets and salmon croquettes with eggs and potatoes, grits, biscuits and cornbread. Low prices and super friendly attentive service. Tastes like your grandmama made it.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Hands down the best breakfast that I’ve had in a long time. I ordered the Salmon Croquette meal with potatoes, a grilled biscuit and a side of grits. The salmon was moist and unbelievably good! The grits were to my southern standard - just right. This was my first time ever having a grilled biscuit. The server, Courtney, helped me decide on that. It was amazing. My husband enjoyed his meal as well. He ordered The Rambo. The service from the door until check out was great! Very nice vibe from the entire staff that I cam in contact with.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

From the moment you walk through the door you are made to feel so welcome. Awesome greeters and service. They play old scool R&B which really sets the atmosphere! The food was AMAZING! If you are looking for some great soul food, this is the place to be! I had the catfish, greens and yams, and my daughter had the french toast meal. Everything tasted homemade. I give this place two thumbs up!!! Tip: Try to get there early because they are only open until around 2:30 ish, and there will most likely be a wait.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Been coming to the Serving Spoon for over 30 years and the quality of the food is still good! The family relaxed feeling and customer service is always there.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Food is excellent. Coffee perfect. I wish I could bring them home with me. Oh, and awesome tunes on the sound systemn