“Yummy food, good vibe!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

From the moment you walk through the door you are made to feel so welcome. Awesome greeters and service. They play old scool R&B which really sets the atmosphere! The food was AMAZING! If you are looking for some great soul food, this is the place to be! I had the catfish, greens and yams, and my daughter had the french toast meal. Everything tasted homemade. I give this place two thumbs up!!! Tip: Try to get there early because they are only open until around 2:30 ish, and there will most likely be a wait.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Been coming to the Serving Spoon for over 30 years and the quality of the food is still good! The family relaxed feeling and customer service is always there.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Food is excellent. Coffee perfect. I wish I could bring them home with me. Oh, and awesome tunes on the sound systemn

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Casual setting, fabulous southern inspired food. Be warned you are not allowed to leisurely eat and sip coffee since they like to keep things moving. There is always a line, worth the wait. Staff are wonderful as is the food!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

The Serving Spoon is a fantastic place to dine at for breakfast/brunch! I have had my eye on this place for a pretty long time and it's been bookmarked for even longer! The procrastination finally stopped this past weekend when I ended up flying into LAX. After a quick 7:00 AM flight from Las Vegas, I landed into LAX on an empty stomach! Who wants that overpriced airport food? I sure as hell didn't! So what did I do? Pull out my phone and see what I had bookmarked in the area! Low and Behold! The Serving Spoon!

FYI this place can get packed pretty quickly so you must expect a nice wait especially on the weekend! When I arrived I saw at least 8 people waiting outside and another 6 inside to be seated. Luckily it was just me because the hostess was able to seat me immediately at the front countertop! SCORE! The service here is amazing! I have to say its always refreshing to go to a restaurant and get great service from pretty much the entire staff! Everyone was so friendly and stayed with smiles on their faces.

My server was awesome and very attentive! I already knew exactly what I wanted thanks to those pictures posted on the site. I went for the fried catfish, egg whites and grits! This was an excellent choice and even validated by my server that I could never go wrong with this choice being it's a popular choice on the menu. Babyyyyy THIS piece of catfish had to have been one of the best I've had and not to mention the portion size was very good! Wow! Through some seasoning salt on my grits and hot sauce on my fish! Man what?! Delicious! I guess I now know where my go to breakfast spot when I land into LAX is! Kudos to The Serving Spoon!