“One Of The BEST Places For Breakfast!!!”

The Serving Spoon Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 217 Restaurants in Inglewood
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 August 2017

The Serving Spoon is a fantastic place to dine at for breakfast/brunch! I have had my eye on this place for a pretty long time and it's been bookmarked for even longer! The procrastination finally stopped this past weekend when I ended up flying into LAX. After a quick 7:00 AM flight from Las Vegas, I landed into LAX on an empty stomach! Who wants that overpriced airport food? I sure as hell didn't! So what did I do? Pull out my phone and see what I had bookmarked in the area! Low and Behold! The Serving Spoon!

FYI this place can get packed pretty quickly so you must expect a nice wait especially on the weekend! When I arrived I saw at least 8 people waiting outside and another 6 inside to be seated. Luckily it was just me because the hostess was able to seat me immediately at the front countertop! SCORE! The service here is amazing! I have to say its always refreshing to go to a restaurant and get great service from pretty much the entire staff! Everyone was so friendly and stayed with smiles on their faces.

My server was awesome and very attentive! I already knew exactly what I wanted thanks to those pictures posted on the site. I went for the fried catfish, egg whites and grits! This was an excellent choice and even validated by my server that I could never go wrong with this choice being it's a popular choice on the menu. Babyyyyy THIS piece of catfish had to have been one of the best I've had and not to mention the portion size was very good! Wow! Through some seasoning salt on my grits and hot sauce on my fish! Man what?! Delicious! I guess I now know where my go to breakfast spot when I land into LAX is! Kudos to The Serving Spoon!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here after our flight into LA and had a great meal. All of the staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. There are rules in the back of the menu which I found odd yet entertaining. They discourage lingering after your meal since there are always others waiting for a table. Not a spotless retro diner so beware if that is your thing. More of a homey, older building and decor. The food is reasonably priced and we loved everything we ate. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had Breakfast we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary the food was delicious and service was great. We will be returning.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Both of us enjoyed our meal and overall experience at Serving Spoon. Our server was warm and friendly with us, and obviously knew a goodly number of the other patrons in the restaurant. This is the kind of eatery where "regulars" come to eat and become known to the restaurant staff as well as to one another. The breakfast food options were all standard fare--nothing special or out of the ordinary on the menu here. Both of us had waffles, eggs, bacon, and home fries, and both of us enjoyed our meal. Serving Spoon's outside signage calls the place an urban eatery, and for good reason. They have louder-than-I'd-have-liked hip-hop music playing in the background. Most (80% or so) of the customers are African American, and at least that proportion of the staff at the restaurant were as well. We happen to be Caucasian, and we did get a few "What are YOU doing HERE?" sideways looks from a couple of the customers, who seemed less than pleased to see white people coming into "their" restaurant. That said, almost all of the other people there couldn't have cared less about our presence, and the staff were, without exception, friendly and welcoming to us throughout our entire meal.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for throw back old school dinning. This is the place to be. Great food, great atmosphere, great music. Great folks. Lots of people, very busy, and friendly. I love breakfast, and I'm always satisfied when I eat here.

1  Thank Toni M