“Mostly great food...great service.”
Review of Pueblo Viejo Grill

Pueblo Viejo Grill
Ranked #2 of 154 Restaurants in Indio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2017

There was a short wait at 5pm on Saturday but there was a huge wait when we left an hour later. The chips were thin, fresh and warm. Salsa had too much raw onion for us. Carne asada was the best I've ever had, but the accompanying cheese enchilada was unremarkable...as were the beans and rice. My dining companion had the green chili which was great. The flan was too dense (I prefer it creamier). The service was fantastic...drinks refilled without asking.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 12 January 2017

We lived in Santa Fe and never had a Mexican meal that could hold a candle to Pueblo Viejo. From the moment we entered, we could tell it was a special place. What a warm welcome and charming atmosphere ... particularly on a chilly day in the Desert. The service was attentive and friendly, and the food was fresh and beautifully prepared. My pork tamale was so luscious I kept cutting it in smaller and smaller pieces to make the experience last. In a word, my husband's taco and tamale combination was "superb." The Margaritas were powerfully laden with tequila! Santa Fe can keep its blue corn tortillas and posole, Pueblo Viejo wins hands-down.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 8 January 2017

My wife and I returned to Indio on New Years Eve and after we unpacked, looked for a place close to where we were staying to eat. We decided on Mexican and drove to a place close, thinking if they were full or closed, we would try an Italian place near by. The place was full, but they had room at the bar so decided to eat there. We were more than surprised at how good and friendly the staff were. We each had a draft beer with our meal and the meals were some of the best Mexican we have had in several years. We will make a point to return before we leave town..

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Don't tell anyone about this place. Keeping it a secret is hard to do because the food is so good you want to shout it from the mountain tops! The atmosphere is so warm and inviting. The service is fantastic and did I say the food was was awesome? Definitely do not have the Margaritas or you will be wanting more, and that could get you in trouble. The warm chips and salsa to start off is enough but be careful because there is plenty more awesomeness to come. I haven't had anything off the menu that WASN'T good! Make a reservation around the dinner hour or you will have to wait for the goodness.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Fantastic fresh food ...great prices ...go early always busy they do not take reservations . Very Authentic tasty food Loved the Beef Tacos.

Date of visit: December 2016