2 people are viewing this hotel
Renaissance Hotels
US$399
US$393
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$399
PricelineUS$393
EtripUS$404
1,451 results
All reviews cava restaurant golf course pool area resort fee lobby bar beautiful resort bnp paribas palm springs per day pool staff tennis tournament ping pong lounge chairs rooms are nice great pool palm desert conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2022 via mobile

I love this hotel and have been attending a convention annually for 30 years here. They recently did a renovation on the property and changed the air conditioning units in the rooms. You can not turn it below 74. I complained that I was sweating at night and 74 is not cool enough. They gave me like a $15.00 target fan to use . I might let it slide at the convention rate I paid, but I would be VERY upset, if I paid the $375 a night advertised price + resort fees.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Epic3333
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2022

Dear Epic3333,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your observations. We are grateful for your continued support over the years. We were so glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us. However, we would like to apologize for the issue you encountered with the air conditioning unit. Our rooms are checked on a regular basis by our engineering team, so we will have them address this issue immediately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we are grateful for your patience. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Andrew Paulus,

Reviewed 20 June 2022

Overall this is a very family friendly resort. Everyone here seemed to have small kids under 4 years old. The pool area is very crowded. We could not find any lounge chairs, despite most of the chairs being "claimed" but not necessarily actively being used. The lounge chairs are very close to each other, hardly any space to walk in the pool area. Also found it very weird that all the lounge chairs had this VIP placard on them. Most guests were perplexed and confused with this. Since the pool is the main attraction to even visiting the resort, I think they should really work on making it more pleasant experience. The pool area had some trash here and there and should be more regularly cleaned. At other resorts I've noticed staff disinfecting lounge chairs THROUGHOUT the day, but not here. You can also order drinks from the pool bar which was nice. We didn't order any food off the pool menu but they did sell food too. The rest of resort was top-notch. The rooms are modern and renovated. The Cava Restaurant onsite was excellent for both dinner and breakfast. Really top-notch service and delicious meals. All the staff throughout our stay was excellent. Parking is $18 per night, plus about $40 in resort fee.

Date of stay: June 2022
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2022

Dear roxyl2016,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We are glad to know you were pleased with our modern accommodations and outstanding service and that you could take advantage of being able to dine in our hotel restaurant, CAVA. However, we apologize for the frustration you experienced at our pool. We are grateful for your patience and are pleased you left the hotel with an overall good impression. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2022

I chose this hotel because it seemed to be upgraded compared to the JW. Although the rooms are "new", the quality is poor. The pool, if you can secure a lounge chair, offer good shade. However, we ran into a group from the JW and realized our mistake after it was too late.

I'll echo the complaints of the other reviews: it is not a luxury hotel, the food is overpriced and mediocre, and the entire stay felt like a waste of time and money.

If I could go back with this knowledge before I booked the hotel, I would stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: April 2022
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2022

Dear On_The_Roam_55,

Thank you for your visit to our hotel. We are committed to offering every one of our guests an exceptional stay; therefore, we regret not meeting your expectations. We are always looking for ways we can improve, and we will take your feedback into account. Thank you again for choosing us, and we hope to have the opportunity to make a much better impression on a future stay.

Reviewed 22 April 2022 via mobile

The hotel is decent and the rooms are newly renovated; however, this is my no means a luxury hotel. It’s a 3.5 star hotel trying to dress itself up as a five-star hotel.The service at all the restaurants is exceptionally slow and the food quality is mediocre at best. The resort fee is steep given that the kids club and spa were closed, and there really is nowhere great to bike with the complementary bicycles. The pool area is nice but you’re forced to pay for a deck chair if you want to watch your small children at the beach area. The Cava buffet breakfast is the best thing there but it’s quite expensive at $31 US. It is $10 for children which is a good deal for them. Overall, the service is OK but there is no one offering cleaning or turn down services in the rooms and most of the resort features you have to find out by yourself. I wouldn’t pay $1000 a night for a room here – better off using Bonvoy free night stay instead.

Room tip: Despite the large number of children there is no kids club available during the week which is a disappointment.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2022

Dear Foufikins,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. We are happy your overall stay was good, but we want it to be perfect. We always want to exceed our guests' expectations, and we genuinely apologize for not doing so during your time with us. We are disappointed that we did not meet all of your expectations. Thank you for sharing your concerns about not being able to make good use of the offered benefits with our destination fee. We will share your feedback with our team as we are committed to providing the best experience for our guests. As with most cities, certain times of the year are busier and command higher rates; however, we make every effort to be priced competitively.
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you for the perfect stay you deserve.

Reviewed 21 April 2022

The hotel is a little dated in public spaces but rooms have been recently renovated. But the value is terrible. It was extremely expensive and there wasn't much in the way of amenities other than the pool, jacuzzi, and a few ping pong and foosball tables. And they charge a resort fee. And they made it seem like they were doing me a favor when they "allowed" us to continue using the pool for the day after we checked out -- have never run into that at a resort in my life.

But by far the biggest issue was the pool. There are NO LIFEGUARDS. And this is despite having an entire little beach area and shallow pool area that is clearly designated as being for children. I was absolutely shocked that there wasn't a single lifeguard, and I felt like I couldn't relax the entire time while we were there as I was too laser-focused on making sure my two kids (ages 2 and 5) were okay.

Also, in the area for kids, there are maybe 30 lounge chairs that parents can sit in and watch their kids, but about half of them are "reserved" and cost $50 to reserve two chairs for the day, and $100 on the weekend. All the others were taken, so we had to sit elsewhere away from the kids area. And nobody sat in those reserved seats for the whole day!

$500+ per night, plus a resort fee, plus another $50-100 per day for chairs for the privilege of being able to actually sit down while watching our kids like hawks in a pool with no lifeguards. No thanks.

Date of stay: April 2022
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2022

Dear barrymdmsc,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are very sorry for disappointing you and regret you felt we did not provide the value you were hoping for. We also truly apologize for not meeting your expectations in the children's area and for the observations you shared about our pool. We are grateful for your comments as the safety of our guests is our utmost priority. We appreciate your patience and hope you and your family will give us another chance to regain your trust.

Andrew Paulus,