“Good service, nice rooms in Indian Wells”

Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Indian Wells
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good service, nice rooms in Indian Wells”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel,next to the IW club (Golf Course)& dare I say it the Hyatt which I've stayed at before. Very nice hotel, convenient for the golf, various bars & restaurants on site, service very good & good looking pool with a man made beach. If I'd knwon it was next to the Hyatt I may have stayed there, subject to price but this is still a very good hotel. The elavators are a single point of falure, apparently cant use stairs which causes congestion in the elavators, this would be my only gripe.

Room Tip: Either pool views or golf course, not pointing towards rte 111 or the front would be my recommendati...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MrWiz1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
reno
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Nice salt water sandy area with gradual incline ino pool area. It is not a sandy bottom pool like at disney resorts, but kids will like soft sand that is buildable like at beach. Great part is ordering drinks and food poolside. Nice CAvA resturant. Corner rooms are ample, 4th floor room that I had face front of hotel away from pool, but was spacious, clean, two queen beds. Shower not spectacular, just a tub n shower head. Decent conditions, I did not see any run down areas, everything was well maintained and updated. Camp oasis for kds on sight, parents can have free time. $125/night, room was great value. Service at front dek checkin could be more informative. Front desk night check in person was apathetic. Free slf parking. valet $25. Platinum gift is usual 500 points bonus or amenity. spa. resort fee is reuced to $13 for platinum then you get free wifi n parking?

Room Tip: corner rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank pickyreno
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
We so appreciate your comments and are delighted that you and the family had a great visit.
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here for a business meeting. This is a beautiful property in a good location. Hotel staff are pleasant and helpful. Food is good. No need to valet park, as free parking is plentiful and convenient. Pool area is extensive and outstanding. Fitness center is adequate, but may be a little small for a larger group.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger and better views
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Charlottesville, Va
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel was in one of the most Gorgeous settings I have ever seen. Just driving up to the hotel was amazing and you can sit by the pool or at the restaurant looking at stunning views. The people were also very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Exceptionally comfortable bed. All around great. My only objection also happened at another Renaissance Hotel. Incessant music! Piped in at the entrance and at the pool. Our room was right above the entrance so we had to listen to annoying music all the time. Until late at night even. My husband agreed that it was very annoying. Why can't people be allowed to just plug into music they like when they want it or better yet - QUIET. Why do hotels think you want to listen to the music they choose constantly!

Room Tip: If you like quiet, I guess you could ask for a room to the side - not near front entrance or pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I just returned from a 3 night stay at this resort, and must say that I agree with other reviewers who thought this hotel was just ok.
First the good: Front lobby staff were extremely attentive and helpful. I was always greeted with an open door and a smile. The pool was lovely; in fact the property and grounds were gorgeous. I experienced a reflexology massage from Martine and she provided one of the best spa treatments I have ever had. I thought the shower in the room was very nice...good water pressure. Facility was immaculate.
Now the not so good: I was traveling for business and stayed in a standard room with two queens. The towels on arrival were ok, however the following two nights they were very worn and thin. Toiletries in the bathroom were sub par; I had to buy a bar of soap, as the "fragrance" and quality was not what I expected. The fitted sheets were too small for the bed and I fought all three nights to keep them on the mattress. The furnishings were dated and very worn as was the carpet. I had the mixed blessing of having a room at the farthest reaches of the hotel...a previous reviewer commented on the noise near the courtyard area, and one of my travel companions had to change her room because of this. Unfortunately, I have back issues, and the walk was extremely challenging for me...I decided to keep the room however because I needed to sleep for my conference. I found it odd that a resort of this size had only one bank of elevators to get to your room. We stayed at a Fairfield Inn the night before our flight, and the room furnishings were much nicer and more comfortable.
All in all, I was underwhelmed by this facility, particularly because it is a premier Marriott resort located in an affluent destination.

Room Tip: Select the hike if you have trouble sleeping with noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Samnhannahsmeme
RenaissanceEsmeralda, General Manager at Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
We appreciate your comments and will be reviewing your concerns with our housekeeping department. We also wanted to share with you the news that our resort will be undergoing room renovations later this year. We are very excited about this and hope you will come back and stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments about the property and grounds and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your spa treatment with Martine.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indian Wells
4.9 km away
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
4.1 km away
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!