2,877 results
All reviews adult pool golf course butler service lantana restaurant self parking penthouse suite agave sunset resort fee golf view pool area palm springs ping pong great resort play golf spring break living area memorial day weekend
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Hotel is in a wonderful setting and golf course is good, staff didn't engage and where aloof with bell staff engaged in private conversations with each other, check in staff dress like casual fridays and not able to distinguish if they work there or not. Food was average and I would have expected better for a Hyatt. Corridors had food trays left out for hours with food and empty glasses to observe when passing through. They didn't get moved until next day sometimes. It was a ok experience but they need to remodel and the staff needs to up the game to become a enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank marbleguy
Reviewed 27 October 2016

My husband and I have just returned from a vacation in Southern California. We stayed five nights at this property and will not be returning in a hurry. Considering this hotel is in a beautiful town in a great location within the desert. This place lets Indian wells down. Our room was ground floor overlooking the gated pool and was grubby. In need of a makeover and renovation. The bedding was dirty and grubby and one day over the rock musical festival weekend our room wasn't even cleaned. When my husband reported it to staff at 5pm on the Sunday after returning from being out all day, the lady at check in said it would be dealt straight away with but it wasn't. We returned from dinner to the same room we left. Unserviced. We booked this hotel in January and we're disgusted when we learnt to find that our room had been charged with an over occupancy fee of a considerate amount without us being informed. We have been travelling back and forth to California for the past 8 years and because of this music festival which we were not in town for and knew nothing about we were expected to pay the consequences. The hotel did eventually compensate us fro the bad service on our room after three attempts of waiting for management to contact us regarding the situation. Eventually it took having to pay another visit to reception to get this matter addressed. The standard of cleaning was not satisfactory either. On check out my husband checked our room bill and we were not reimbursed for our spa package on two of the nights we had booked and it took my husband to have to address this also. The lady he spoke to from our room was rude and very reluctant to reimburse us. However she did when my husband confronted her over hidden costs. It seems this hotel is only interested in corporate events and money at the end of the day. If you are a Brit looking for a vacation in California please beware of these hotels and hidden costs. E.g taxes and parking fees overnight and resort fees not included in the room rate. Weekends seem to alwYs be more expensive but they seem to think they can charge whatever price they choose just because the hotel is full. I have never experienced this until this year and we stay at top class hotels all over California as well as the rest of the world. In Britain we expect good service, especially if we are paying to stay in an establishment in this sort of town. We also only tip if we get good service and not because we are told it is is expected to do so. The service was pretty bad at breakfast and in general at the pool. Often it seemed as if there were not enough staff. The hotel was chaos over the weekend we booked and it seemed they couldn't cope with people arriving and checking out. The staff were stressed and nobody wears a uniform at reception so you find it hard to differentiate between their roles and who is who.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first and about charges.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda P

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for two nights as part of our honeymoon (with kids) and from the moment we arrived we were made very welcome.
The hotel in itself is beautiful, especially having drinks and food out on the veranda.
It was both of my kids birthdays whilst here and they couldn't of offered anymore. From breakfast pancakes shaped like Mickey Mouse and pots of snacks and goodies to take with us to the pool, they were very kind.
Even after a beautiful dinner at the hotel restaurant the waiter turned up at our apartment later that evening with even more goodies and a cake with candles in it.
It was a truly special service that makes you want to come back to this lovely place.
Just to add the pool area is very nice and relaxing with a load of pools and sun loungers to choose from. The kids loved the swirly slide too.
All in all a great part of our holiday I would recommend totally.... I just wish I took my golf clubs so I could of played one of their beautiful golf courses.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

The Hyatt Indian Wells resort is a family friendly resort that is pet friendly.

Pros: Pet and family friendly. Friendly staff with well cared for grounds.

Cons: TV reception / signal kept fading in and out. Video check out did not work.

When we have the next conference here, I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple