2,875 results
All reviews adult pool golf course butler service lantana restaurant self parking penthouse suite agave sunset resort fee golf view pool area palm springs ping pong great resort play golf spring break living area memorial day weekend
Reviewed 30 April 2008

This place was perfect for our family. Our two kids loved the water slide and the kids club. They have bikes available at no charge to tootle around on. The food is good, though we went out for dinners just to get off campus a bit. It's not super, super luxe, but it's very comfortable and makes for a relaxing break.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 18 April 2008

Great property, we knew the area from a previous visit to Palm Desert and were not disappointed by the location. The spa was wonderful, great facilities but most of the kudos needs to go to the very capable staff and the relaxed, understated and totally comfortable atmosphere. The hotel was also just fine, the only exception to this blissful experience was the reception at the front desk as we checked in... suffice it to say that some people are not front desk material...The potentially less than desirable location of the room originally offered was quickly corrected by a perfectly courteous manager on duty. I was on a spa break with my daughter and would recommend the place to anyone with one comment: avoid booking "garden/mountain view" rooms. This is a euphemism for driveway and parking lot vistas. The other aspects of the property: golf course or swimming pool are too good to pass up.

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank earthtravelers
Reviewed 9 April 2008

We (myself & husband ) decided to take advantage of our son visiting his grandparents for Spring Break. So, we used Hyatt points and booked a Club Level room at the Grand Champions for one night. I read lots of reviews here at TA and was well aware the negative and positive reviews. So, with that I think I'll list it by pro and con.
PRO: Nice check-in. We were playing golf at Rancho Las Palmas, tee time 11:00am Sunday April 6th. Of course we knew our room would not be ready. But, the woman took my cell # and said she'd let us know when it would be cleaned and ready to check in. Surprise...at 11:30 I got the call that said our room was ready to go! We were informed that all Club Level Rooms on the 5th floor were full, but we got a Club room on the 4th floor, overlooking the golf course, as requested.

PRO: Poolside servers were friendly, smiling and quick to serve. Erick, our server, greeted us by name as we passed by the pool on our way to check out. Pretty cool..he had only seen us one time and yet new our name and greeted us as such. That's the Hyatt service we've come to expect.

CON: The Concierges. Boy, if you don't like your job here find another place to work. This is not typical of the other Hyatt's we've been to...serious attitude here!
E-Concierge: Hyatt.com sent an email confirmation and included a suggestion to visit E-Concierge. I ordered Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to surprise my husband. When we returned from golf our goodies were inside waiting.
My problem: There was a problem ordering the items via the E-Concierge. So, I called the Hyatt directly and spoke to a woman who assured me she'd handle my order. She confirmed the order with her first name.
While reviewing our account on the tv, we saw that the order was $88. However, according to E-Con. the price was $45. Again, we went down to the Front Desk, they got out the paperwork and credited our account immediately.
My suggestion: Double check your purchases while still at the hotel.

PRO: The Concierges in the Club Level Lounge. Very helpful and friendly service.

CON: The "Light Snack and Refreshments" in the Club Lounge. We were greeted with something like "Welcome, help yourself to cookies and lemonade." Whaat??? Oh ya, they had dried cranberries, small snack size pretzels, and one kind of cookie. Lemonade, ice water, coffee and tea. Help!

PRO: "Deluxe Continental Breakfast" Choice of english muffins, bagels, toast, croissants, pastries, muffins, fresh fruit, cream cheese, lox, turkey, ham, cheeses, different juices.

PRO: Our room: We liked the step down 'living room' that others have written about. Our room was clean, bathroom was very clean, nice water pressure. Same nice bathroom amenities that I enjoy in other Hyatt's. Thick bath robes, just would suggest getting a spa/waffle robe for this resort as it is in the desert.

CON: What IS up with the air conditioning in this room?? It truly is loud, off 'n on all day and night. Management do something.
Balcony: We had our golf course view, but then we also had a view of every balcony to our left and right. Absolutely NO privacy. Please, please, put up lattice partitions or plants or something.
Where is the Hyatt Bed (forget what it's called), but Hyatt knows it...please upgrade. We are not big tv watchers on vacations, but their big boxy tv needs to go. Flat Screen TV would go nicely where they've hung a framed mirror over the dresser.
Mini-Bar: Well, we finally encountered one of those "pick it up and you pay for it" mini-bar. I did pick up a bottle of Vox vodka, as it was tall and skinny neck, didn't know what it was, so I looked. Ooop....my bad...but I took it to the front desk and they credited our account.
All in all, we had a wonderful little getaway. The weather was perfect, the golfing was fantastic, we enjoyed the beautiful pool area. I wouldn't use my points again to upgrade to Club Level, just not worth it. And, I and my husband agree that we would not go back to this Hyatt.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Markmom18
Reviewed 7 April 2008

My husband and I just returned from three nights at the Hyatt Grand Champions. We both feel that our experience was very average, and if we return to the area we'll most likely try another resort. We booked a pool view King, but next time will book a golf course view for a view of the beautiful course. Here are our pros and cons:

Pros:

- Resort grounds are pretty and well maintained
- Adult-only pool was tranquil and a nice feature
- Plenty of shade around pools
- Free bike rentals and fun games on lawn
- Rate was reasonable ($249 plus $25/day resort credit to use for food, spa, etc)
- Free self-parking

Cons:

- Bed was hard and uncomfortable
- Air conditioning clicked (loudly) on and off all night, no matter what temp it was set on
- Housekeeping was slow to respond to requests
- Service at pool was slow as well: once we asked for a lunch menu poolside, it took 45 minutes for the waitress to come back and get our order
- Room, overall, was a little outdated and uninviting

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AllieBrookie
Reviewed 3 April 2008

This hotel has many good attributes. Nice grounds, great location. We stayed here for 3 nights with my 9 year old son. The pool side service is top notch most of the time. The restaurant is not very good at all. The rooms need improvement. There is something though about this hotel that works. I cannot describe it.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)