“We like their food”
Review of Fratello's

Fratello's
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

They have brick over pizzas which I love and other stuff we've tries has been good too. Service has always been good and I like their patio.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We were excited to visit this place we have clients who say its their favorite last night we waited for a salad for 40 minutes it was good, dinner was never brought out. Waited over an hour and finally left it is such a shame we were looking forward to having dinner and trying it out.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The restaurant is adorable. Visited on a Saturday in mid August, around 4:30 for late lunch early dinner with my 2 teenage daughters. I'm not sure if this place has parking, actually not sure if they have parking spots anywhere in town, just found a spot in front of store just two blocks down. It was a little warm so we sat inside. White tablecloths, water in a wine glass, over-all nice décor loved the music. I would call it relaxed fine dining. One other couple siting inside, a few folks outside. The staff could use some customer service lessons. They really did not seem to be enjoying their jobs...no one greets you with a happy smile. But they did the job they were there to do. Helpful, and not slow on this day as mentioned on some of the other reviews. I just think they need more enthusiastic people (more people persons), rather than the stern bultler like attitudes. The food on the other hand was very good! Got the days special T-bone (ordered medium, got medium rare which was perfect for me, just beware). It was juicy and delicious, the mashes potatoes were good too, not from a box. The Manicotti filled with spinach and ricotta hit the spot . We also had a kids size pizza which my youngest couldn't finish, but she enjoyed it.The bread was warm, and the olive spread was yummy too, and I don't particularly like olives but it paired well with the bread. Keep the chef! Overall the service was effective, the food was delicious and the price was reasonable for the quality, would definitely return. Nice date place.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We spent a lovely Saturday afternoon trying out the new restaurant in town. Nice seating outdoors we were entertained by live music. The pianist was great and he took request, there was a gentleman also playing the saxophone. Truthfully just the one musician was enough, I think the sax was having issues.
The service, not so impressed. After we finished our lunch and waited for 10 mins. for our server- David to return...I finally had to go ask someone for our check and a togo box.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Our server was efficient and friendly. The tapenade and bread were very good (and complementary). My only concern is that the tomatoes on my caprese sandwich were underipe, hard and cut much too thick. I mentioned to our server that if they have not quite ripe tomatoes then they should cut them thin. She understood and said she would tell the cook staff. Otherwise the food was very good.