“Nice Atmosphere”
Review of Tommy's Kitchen

Tommy's Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Description: Swiss-infused American diner . This one-of-a-kind restaurant offers a wide range of menu options, from omelettes to birchermuesli, burgers to sennen rosti, beef stroganoff to chicken curry, and beyond. With weekly lunch specials, a beloved Sunday breakfast buffet, and the only full salad bar on the hill, Tommy's Kitchen is a must-visit for any trip to beautiful Idyllwild, California.
Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is a nice place to have a breakfast on the outside deck. Staff is friendly and the food is good.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Had a delicious breakfast, everyone at the table enjoyed what they ordered, and the service was excellent. We booked a table because it was 4th of July and we were a larger group, they had a lovely table held for us outside and nobody rushed us to finish or push us out the door when we were done eating. I will definitely go back, the brunch looked reasonably priced, and I noticed the salad bar when I walked inside...it also looked really nice!! Well done Tommy’s! Thank you for a wonderful start to our day, we will be back and I will definitely tell all of my friends!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We finally took the time to experience Tommy's Sunday brunch, which we've been hearing good things about for years. It was better than we expected. Everything was excellent, and it was hard to pass up any of the numerous pastries.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Left Palm Springs with intention to stop in Idyllwild on the way home since we had never been there before. What a cute little town, and this place was as advertised! Daughter had a vegetarian Rosti (very similar to hash browns) with sauteed veggies on top (she ordered without the eggs). I took a taste and it was really good - veggies couldn't have been any fresher (same with fruit! I had the pancakes and they were huge and fluffy. Sat on the patio which was surrounded by pine trees and birds. Just so pleasant.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Tommy's touts its menu of European cusine. For my husband and me, the most intriguing item on the menu was the rösti -- a Swiss dish of shredded potatoes and other ingredients. The spuds were thicker than hashbrowns and were the basis for a wonderful dish.

My husband had the sennan rösti. Bacon,sausage and onion were incorporated in with the potatoes, which were fried like a thick pancake. The whole dish was topped with Swiss cheese and a sunny side up egg.

I had the vegetarian rösti, which was topped with roasted zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach and savory dried herbs. It was served with two poached eggs cooked to order, which I placed on top of my dish. Delicious!

They serve freshly brewed black iced tea, which was tasty and refreshing.

The service was good. The interior dining area is quaintly furnished, and they also offer patio dining. The meal wasn't cheap -- $36 for two meals plus two soft drinks. But it was worth it. We'd definitely return, just for the rösti.

Date of visit: May 2018