“Fun decor, atmosphere and good food.”
Review of Idyology

Idyology
Ranked #16 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Fun, laid back atmosphere with great decor. Outside seating nr the creek, indoor fireplace, bar Great burgers, interesting menu and live music.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

First time first impression....Visiting the area for the weekend and went here on the first day we arrived. This place doesn’t open until 12noon. Menu is the traditional Bar menu. It is a bar restaurant combination with a bar atmosphere. The pace has a cozy fireplace where you can hangout and play board games while having cocktails. We had lunch and entree’s were grilled cheese and fries, Cobb salad, a basic bacon cheeseburger with fries and I had the Mother Nature veggie sandwich with sweet potato fries...I also had the veggie chili and it was served warm/lukewarm and for $6 a cup it was a little disappointing. I’m not the type who will point it out to the server and have them reheat my food when it should’ve been done right the first time and besides, When you go to a restaurant , you go to eat there expecting your food to be served how most people would expect it to be served and it’s not my responsibility as a customer to tell you how to do your job....anyway, I had request avocado as an add on for an extra cost. So the three entrees were served except my veggie Sand and as is at there picking at my veggie chili while m table ate ( the chili is cold at this point)...by the time my sandwich was served 20 minutes later, the 3 people I was with were nearly done in fact one of them were finished. When my meal was served The sweet potato fries were cold unlike the normal fries I had picked from my party’s meal. To top it off the cook or whomever forgot to put avocados in my sandwich.

On the positive side, the ambiance is comfortable , the server was nice.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank CarlB4471
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Really a fun place inside or out back along the stream. Big wood buring fireplaces inside and outside. The bar where we ate is cozy and very inviting. Daniele will take care of you for food or cocktails. Ebveryone is friendly including the locals. I had a bowl of New England Clam Chowder that was hot , full of tender clams, potatoes, thick and creamy and a touch of spice. Really a fun time.

We ahev had dinner here too and it's just as good.

1  Thank John R
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Whenever I go to Idyllwild and thankfully its close I make sure I visit idiology. The view and outdoor dining is the best in town, I always enjoy having wonderfully different food and a drink among the lines..

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

If you want a fun evening, maybe with live music, try this place. It’s on the edge of town and there were lots of locals there. One side is a restaurant and one side is a bar but you can eat and drink on either side. The furnishings are eclectic and inviting. There is an outdoor area along the creek that would be great in warm weather.

The wine list is small but good. Servers, who look like the patrons, are super nice and friendly. There is parking around the area.