“Slated to be a Great Place for Lunch?”
Review of Jo'an's Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Jo'an's Restaurant & Bar
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We went up to Idyllwild for the Memorial Day weekend and were told that Jo An's was the place to eat. Good food, great location, and even live music for the crowd outside! It sounded like a great proposition to me.
I wanted to try the (beef) ribs. Well, big disappointment! I mean the rest of the food being served looked good and the folks seated outside around us seemed to be enjoying their food and the live music. Unfortunately, the service was extra slow. Now, a disclaimer, we were a large group, and perhaps that is why my ribs ended up arriving kind of cold. We were about 25, scattered amongst several tables. One thing, though, not everyone ordered the ribs; some had the bbq chicken--which I was told was good.
The ribs looked real good, but by the time I was biting into the second rib (of three), it was no longer lukewarm. It was cold. I didn't want to make a fuss (because then, how much longer would I have to wait? It had already taken over an hour). I just asked for a container and took it back to our cabin, and nuked it there later on. To make matters worse, the baked beans and slaw that came as sides, were not even plentiful. Too bad, because this was slated to be a happening place for a Saturday lunch.

*Suggestion to Jo An's: maybe if the food for large groups is served as it comes out of the bbq instead of waiting for all 25 plates to be ready--I mean, we weren't even sitting all together in one table!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Good music on weekends but goodness me the service is lousy at best...two times we've been there and had to get up and go find someone to take our order. Never returned for extra drinks or the check and again had to "run them down" in order for both. Pitiful.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Good food and service. Great place for a quick bite. Nice patio area with music for the warmer months.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Went into Jo'an's for lunch on a week stay at Idyllwild. Ordered burgers and more on menu. Took quite awhile so we decided to go outside and wait for our order (3 of us...not hard to keep track of when only patrons at the time) Waitress came outside and basically scolded us for moving from inside. Needless to say, the food wasn't good enough to deserve a repremand for being a customer. I actually understand that they cater to motorcyclist, but it should be noted that they are not their ONLY customers. If you own a Harley, stop on by. If not, keep going. Seriuosly :-(

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We went to JoAnn's for lunch, four adults and a toddler. As I walked in, I kept thinking of all the ways I would have to entertain a three year old through the process of ordering, waiting, and eating; but my worries waned as soon as we entered the indoors dining room. A gigantic toy train set was making its way through tunnels, farms, across bridges, etc.- just above the eye level. As if that was not enough, a combo set up, and two guitarists serenaded us with old classic favorites from 70's and 80's. The Blue Burger was awesome; their fries crispy and tasty. Their appetizer of chicken tenders were also wonderful - our toddler could not get enough of it. The only mistake was ordering a side of salad. I should have known that in a mountain community such as Idyllwild, it would be an impossibility to produce great salad for customers. It consisted of a bowl of wilted iceberg--not one of my favorites. Pretty tasteless. Otherwise, everything else was great.

1  Thank Evelina62