“Pretty good pizza”

Idyllwild Pizza & Sports Center
Ranked #14 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Have eaten here three times. Always order the same thing. Antipasto salad and a small pizza. More than enough for two, but we don't eat as much any more. Never been disappointed.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

I had seen this place for years, but I had never stopped by since pizza is usually not my first choice of food. But I was with family this weekend, and there were a few pizza lovers, so I graciously cooperated. I was impressed. For starters, the place was packed with happy, boisterous families with numerous children and teens. They were all having pizza, although I had read the board of specials out front advertising homemade lasagna, calzones, and ziti bake. We were stuck between a pizza with white alfredo sauce and another with tomato base and all the meats. They graciously offered to make the large pizza half white and half the other! The pizza was great. Their drinks were expensive though. I paid $12 for two sprites and a beer on tap! They had a few arcade-type games in the back where I found a few teenagers engaged. And a table football out front entertaining some children. All in all, I would return here again, with family.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Recommended by a friend of mine, decided to try it out. Did not try the pizza personally, however, they looked great coming out of the kitchen. Fellow diners had nothing but compliments about them. My wife and I ordered sandwiches. My wife got the meatball sub and I the pastrami. The sandwiches were great. They also have pastas, salads and appetizers. Big screens for the sports fans, games for the kids, beer and wine for everyone (of age). Definitely a "go to" spot for pizza and more, when you're in Idyllwild.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

This place, situated in a medium sized shopping plaza area, is a roomy restaurant where large groups of friends can gather. There is plenty of parking in front. The pizza was good, but not extraordinairy. They were generous with their toppings...we asked for double meatball, and we got triple meatball! The only thing we didn't like was the garlic bread...it had a funny taste, almost as if they used rancid oil on it.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

We stayed in Idyllwild over Christmas and wanted to have a night off from cooking and decided to pick-up pizza from Idyllwild Pizza. We tried it for the first time last year and really enjoyed it so decided to try it again. We called in our order around 5pm and were told it would be an hour wait for the pizza. We went to the restaurant an hour later to pick-up and waited in line for about 15 minutes in order to-pick up the pizza (they really should have a separate line or counter to pick-up to-go orders). I heard the gal working the register telling people in line that the wait for eat-in was now up to 1 1/2 hours at that point. She said it gets crazy busy during the holidays and even worse when there is snow. You know it must be good if people will wait that long for their pizza! The pizza was good but unfortunately not hot by the time we got it home. We will be back next time we come up (hopefully when it's not so busy!).