“BEST BURGER ON THE MOUNTAIN!”

The Lumber Mill Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Idyllwild
Reviewed 7 August 2018

My wife and I decided on a ride up to Idyllwild for lunch and we were hungry for a good burger. A quick internet search told us that the Lumber Mill was the place to go and are we ever glad we did! Give yourself some extra time to read the menu because it lists and describes 24 different burgers! I have no doubt that they are all as good as the ones we ordered. We plan to try more.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I go regularly just for the rack of ribs. Their multistage process creates the juiciest I can imagine. Comes with enough fries and salad to create two meals at least. Burgers are awesome, more choices than most places. Karaoke on weekends brings a fun young crowd.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018

This restaurant stays open later (after 5 is late for this town) so we came here to eat. The portions are large, and they have generous beverages.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 April 2018

The service we received was fine. My husband ordered the fish and chips which he enjoyed. I ordered the French Dip which was just edible. I think it would have been pretty good if the bread had been toasted, but it was not and the meat wasn't warm enough either. We were hungry and I didn't want my husband to have to wait, so I didn't speak with the server about it. Not sure if that is the normal preparation of their French Dip or if I was just unlucky. For the money we spent on dinner we expect better.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 19 April 2018

We had lunch here, as suggested by a local. The place was clean, and our waitress and the gentleman that served us (I believe it was the cook) were pleasant, efficient and attentive. There was a wait for food, but not too long for me.

Husband had a Wild Western burger, with fries (lightly battered french fries) on the side, bbq sauce, bacon, cheese.and an onion ring or two on top. I had the Ortega burger with chiles, chile jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, thousand island dressing and a sid side (my choice) of onion rings.

Burgers came hot and fresh. The burgers we had were not the absolute best ever, BUT they came pretty dang close.They were enormous and compared to places down the hill, were a good deal; we have paid the same or more for smaller, lesser quality burger. The Wild Western was inhaled, along with the fries on the side. My Ortega Burger? Well, this was the first time in a long while I have finished a burger of that size. The onion rings were hot and fresh, but in my experience rated average; they were batter dipped and good enough that I ate them all! I enjoyed my meal very much.

Although the dining area is small (seating is tight), there is a full bar and outdoor seating as well. The dining room is not deep, so just about every table has a nice view out the window. As for the menu, there is a nice variety and good selection, especially for burger fans.

Also, at the time of this writing, there is a 5.5 pound burger challenge, The Paul Bunyan: eat it in 45 minutes and it's free. If you can't finish or want to share with friends, the Paul is 55$. Order this with an enormous appetite or eat it with several friends--or save part for your next couple of meals.

Recommended and I will try to visit again.

Date of visit: April 2018