• Pool
Quiet Creek Inn(Idyllwild)
Fireside Inn(Idyllwild)
Creekstone Inn(Idyllwild)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2015 via mobile

I want to warn people about this place. Bad deal at any price. My wife and I stayed there and we had a terrible night. We will definitely never stay here again. The mattress had two huge holes to lay in and my wife was hardly able to sleep all night. Both of us had backaches the next day. The shower is so tiny that it must have come out of an RV. It's just a cheap plastic shell with a old beat up shower head that doesn't squirt right and the shelf in it slants inward so that anything you put on it, like soap, immediately slides off it and onto your toes. The room had a jacuzzi, but it's a joke because the hot water ran out before you can even get three inches of water in it. And then you have no hot water to take a shower. The bathroom sink was plugged, which is another example of the obviously lousy maintenance the place receives. The furnishings are cheap thrift store junk and all the wires and surge protectors hanging down on the walls, especially under the TV, makes me have serious doubts about how fire safe the place is. It also quite a sight, like a room in some third world country. The brick fireplace hearth was broken and stuck out far enough that it created a bottleneck between the bricks and the bed and is a tripping hazard. My wife hit it quite hard it in the middle of the night trying to get to the bathroom. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Bruce Clark

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I have been frequent visitors to Manzanita Cabins for the past 12 years. We love #7 which used to be called the Honeymoon Cabin. It's spacious, cozy, and clean. The bed is close to the fireplace which makes it cozy and romantic. The owner, Jo Ann Johnson, is gracious and lovely. The location is quiet and in the pines; it's close to the small center of town where you'll find the shops and restaurants. The cabins have everything you need -- pots, pans, dishes, toaster, microwave, sink, stove, fridge -- so you can prepare your own food. There is a new super-comfy coach & love seat for reading and cuddling. The bathroom has been upgraded since our last visit also. A lovely choice for eating out while there -- the Gastrognome. Huge menu and fabulous food. And you can eat by the fire if you wish.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank esmerelda12
Reviewed 25 October 2011

This is an old rustic cabin which is nice but needs some upgrades. The bed, bedding, curtains, couches very very old. It was clean. Very friendly accommodating staff. Quiet. We were just happy to be able to find a room up there at such short notice but very surprised at the price when definite upgrades are needed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple