See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Off the beaten path, but a beautiful location in the Valley, on the river, on the Native American reservation. Close to some schools where I was working, plus, gas, museum, ceremonial grounds, and food and other town options. Close to Willow Creek where you can get more restaurants and the like. People coming through here for fishing, events, and work in the community. Staff was friendly. Room was uncomplicated but comfortable, clean, spacious, and all I needed. Good TV and channels. Water was hot. Sure, I have been to fancier places, but given the context, I could not really ask for much more. Proud to support native owned businesses.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Prof-ETC
Reviewed 10 June 2016

There wasn't much information on this place on the internet, but it was a convenient stop on my business trip and I had liked my previous experience in 2007 so I thought it would be worth a visit again. TV in the room was very small and it was hard to connect to the internet. Nice view of the river! There are very limited dining options, but Ray's Supermarket is in the Casino strip mall next to the motel. Microwave and small refrigerator in the room.

Room Tip: Second floor for great balcony view of the river
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank BayTraveler95376
Reviewed 22 February 2015

We had our wedding in Hoopa and had several relatives come from Los Angeles. We also stayed in the bridal suite. There were beautiful flowers in our room upon arrival. Timesha made sure that our party was treated with good hospitality. She also made sure that we had accommodations enough for our entire party (about 8 rooms). The hotel sits on the Trinity River and the view is incredible. We were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffory T
Reviewed 22 December 2014 via mobile

By far the worst motel ever me and my dad stopped by for the night on a trip to Oregon we planed our trip in advance and went to the web site for the Tsewenaldin inn and it was nothing like what we expected just checking in looked like we were bothering the clerk at the front desk she didn't like the fact that we interrupted her t.v. Program or her conversation on her phone after "the pleasant " check in we went to our room and my dad can't see very well and seeing the big flat screen in the front office that the happy clerk was watching we expected the same in our room not the fact we got a 15 inch box tv that my father couldn't see going back to the office to ask for a larger screen it seemed that the clerks hole family showed up for a visit the office had the Oder of dirty diapers and we the guests didn't deserve a flat screen even though we payed the outrages price for the room

• Stayed: December 2014
7  Thank Minesobackoff1234567
Mary Jane A, General Manager at Tsewenaldin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Please come and look at our newly renovated Lobby the deskclerk we are sorry you had a bad experience all our rooms have flat screens mounted to the wall now please come back and check out our new rooms

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Catchy title eh? To bad it's true. At first glance the hotel seemed kinda nice. Younger guy at the counter was what you'd expect from a kid his age in such a small town. Just going through the motions. No big deal. I was there for business and decided to try this place instead of staying in Willow Creek. Bad call! When I first walked in the room, I had to use a code to unlock the door (which I'm sure they don't change daily, so if someone local knows the code they can get right in). The room had a funk to at first. I've been in bad motels before so I knew I could survive one night. Well it was a tough night as far as the smell goes. The smell was of old food, body odor, and butt. Only one outlet worked in the room. The covers had cigarette burns and stains on the sheets. I got up the courage to look under the beds and found an old, half full, bags of chips and crumbs all over. The rest of the rooms carpet was littered with all sorts of crap. So it was obvious they do not clean the rooms after each use. The back sliding glass door would not lock. The bathroom was gross. The toilet ran all night even after I tried and tried to get it to stop. The bathroom walls had water damaged stains all over them. Then I find out there is no place in town to eat except a gas station. After walking through the Rays market and seeing how filthy that place was, there was no way I was eating from a gas station in this town. Had to drive back into Willow Creek to eat (and had to pack up all my stuff so no one could easily open the sliding glass door and help themselves). So after dinner, I came back and unloaded all my stuff again. Above me were some white trash drinking beer and preparing to go hit it big at the filthy casino. So that night, I slept on top of the covers with my knife. Next morning I woke up and had to build up the courage to hop in the shower. When I turned on the fan it made a noise, but was not functioning. I saw something obstructing the fan, so I climbed up to see if I could fix it, and that's when I saw it. A used, bloody condom, wedged in the fan. I don't know how I didn't puke. When exiting my room that morning there was a big pile of vomit on the sidewalk. Who knows how long it will take for someone to clean it. The Rays parking lot was riddled with stray dogs. So all in all, I will never stay there again. I'd rather pay to stay in a Turkish prison for a week then spend one free night at this place. If you read this and still decide it's worth a try I say good luck to ya. Sleep with a knife.

Room Tip: Rooms located exactly 11.3 miles to the south in Willow Creek I'm sure are a little better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business