All reviews the cottages fire pit washer and dryer full kitchen bedroom cottage tahoe city modern appliances during our stay west shore emerald bay dining table each evening stayed here for two nights comfortable beds beautiful cottage well equipped kitchen across the street
Reviewed 28 March 2016

We are a family of four who were skiing Squaw Valley and Homewood Ski Resort in March 2016. We found Cedar Crest Cottages on TripAdvisor and stayed in Cottage 4, Stellar's Jay. The interior of the cottages are beautiful, clean and modern. Each cottage is unique. Blythe is an excellent property manager. We had items shipped ahead and they were waiting for us in our cottage.

Within the cottage is a very well equipped kitchen. They have thought of everything. The quantity of varied cooking utensils, pots, pans, cutting boards, etc. was perfect. Everything we needed to create small meals was easily found.

This property is run, was architected and decorated by a very talented family. Each has chipped in to the design, interior design and artwork on property. Attention to detail was very evident in the materials used, appliances selected and in the general layout.

They have efficiently utilized space on a relatively small property. The cottages are very pleasing to the eye inside and out. The cottage was a very comfortable living space with a great room/eat-in kitchen and powder room on the upper floor. There were two bedrooms, a large bathroom with a walk-in shower and washer and dryer on the lower floor. There is a flatscreen TV with a sound bar, DVD player and cable box in the great room and free Wi-Fi in each cottage. Each bedroom had an additional flatscreen TV.

Cottage 4 is at the back corner of the property and boarders on a quiet neighborhood. The layout is excellent and you feel as if you are alone in the woods. Cottage 1, the handicap equipped cottage may be a bit close to the main road. Parking might be a problem on a busy weekend, but was not a problem during our stay.

I would stay here again and recommend the property to friends and family.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2016

We came for the weekend in March. The cottage was impeccably clean (guests encouraged to take off their shoes indoors) with a fully equipped kitchen. It was perfect for a lazy Saturday morning of breakfast at home, a long walk at the nearby Vikingsholm Trail (in March as empty as it was beautiful), and pizza and wine at the cottage in the evening. The staff was attentive (a hand-written note and complimentary bag of coffee when we arrived) without being obtrusive.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2015

I recently stayed at the Cedar Crest Cottages for a romantic getaway. I must say the cottages were very clean and comfortable. It was a cozy little retreat from everyday life. During my stay I found everything that I needed, and more! The cottages are very well equipped offering more than I would expect creating a real home away from home experience. The location was excellent, just minutes away from the best that the West Shore has to offer. The staff was very friendly and really added to the experience. I would recommend staying on this property to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Cedar Crest cottages are relatively new, so I was reluctant to try it without having many reviews available. But from the moment we drove into the entrance I felt confident in my choice to stay there.

The room photos on their website are accurate but they can't convey the feel you get when you step inside. The quality of the construction/renovation of these vintage cottages is outstanding. This attention to detail inside and out was appreciated. From the spacious kitchen that opens to a cozy "family room" area to the high-end appliances to the large screen TVs, to the quality of the materials used throughout, this is a comfortable place we could call home for an extended stay. My wife and I booked just a 3-night stay on this trip and will plan to stay again, next time for a week. On our final night, we decided to cook dinner rather than hit a restaurant, so we shopped at the full-size supermarket in Tahoe City. Once we started making dinner at the cottage we had everything at our disposal in the fully-stocked drawers and cabinets. Pots, pans, bowls, utensils --even aluminum foil, was at hand. And all of it clean and of good quality. It made the cottage feel as close to living at our own home as we could ask. And the compact dishwasher handled the cleanup with ease.

The location allows easy access to Tahoe City to the north and South Lake Tahoe to the south. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Could not ask for anything more from these first-class accommodations.

Room tip: The Osprey Cottage is next to outdoor fire pit, which added a warm glow at night through the windows.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2015

My family and I recently stayed in two, 2-bedroom cottages at Cedar Crest. Each one was beautifully decorated, high quality and very clean. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. They made us feel very welcome! In a great location, near beach access and Tahoe City. We will definitely be staying here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Lake Tahoe!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family