“Huge bugs. Many of them.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Highland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Highland
Reviewed 31 October 2014

I stayed here for a night and woke up to itching and scratching. I removed the covers and huge tick size bugs infested the white sheets and pillows. I couldn't believe my eyes. They were literally next to my body just crawling around. They came and inspected and said yes their are bugs and did nothing at all. DO NOT STAY here. I have picture and video of how many were crawling in the sheets.

• Stayed: October 2014
5  Thank Titi3289
John P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Highland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2014

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problem is addressed. Please contact us at the information below if we can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 12 October 2014

I stay at Hampton Inn regularly on business travel and this hotel was up to the Hampton Inn standards I have come to expect. The hotel is located near the highway. I had a room on the side facing the highway but I found it to be quiet nonetheless. I would certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
John P, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Highland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Thank you for staying at our Hampton Inn & Suites. We love hearing your a regular within the Hampton family. We strive to give the best service possible and have shared your review with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 11 October 2014

We have stayed many times at this Hampton and found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful, very clean and comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast and we like the interaction and shuttle with the San Manuel Casino. A very nice getaway for us.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 9 October 2014

I stayed at this hotel for about (3) weeks and found a lot to like and some things that were completely unacceptable. I liked the suite that I had a lot. But it wasn't the first room that they gave me. The first one had a toilet issue that never really got resolved and it took (3) days of putting up with repairs that never seem to work. I have to add that the repair people were friendly and wanted to help it just didn't seem like they had the knowledge or tools. First order of business in a hotel room is a toilet that works. So I moved one floor up and loved it for the most part. It's hard to believe but the biggest issue I faced was getting replacement towels. I kept hearing from the staff that they had a towel shortage. Message to management: this is a horrible way to run a hotel. Stacy cleaned my room and was fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at our Hampton Inn & Suites and thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience. Of course dealing with toilet issues is not our standard, nor is the lack of supplies for your room. We strive to give the best service possible and have shared this information with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 October 2014

I love leaving good reviews but I can't do it this time.
I live about 1/2 hr away from this hotel and it is the best hotel around. I stayed here because my daughter was getting married just around the corner. I made my reservation a couple of weeks in advance. I asked for a 2 queen room with a pull-out couch. She told me there would be no problem. When I checked in, it wasn't available. Someone had just upgraded their room in front of me and they were probably given my room. The room was super small. I have stayed here before and was given a very nice room but this time was not the case. I went back downstairs and tried to get a nicer room for my family. . This was a special occasion and I had told them this when I first made my reservation. There was nothing they could do they said except give me a small refund. I am not very happy and will not recommend this hotel to anyone! I even asked for a late checkout the next day (just an hour later) so my grandbabies could go swimming and they said NO!

Room Tip: I don't know if I can add a tip. Nothing helped me. Did not get the room I requested and didn...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at our Hampton Inn & Suites. I apologize you are unhappy with your experience. Of course we strive to give the best service possible and have shared this information with our staff. At times, current guests will extend their stay, which can alter the room availability. We do work hard at accommodating all requests and hope you will stay with us again. Should you stay choose to do so, please contact the sales office for special requests. We look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
8 km away
10.6 km away
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino
#4 of 33 in San Bernardino

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Highland? Share your experiences!